NACHI acquires www.InspectorNow.com

Which is why you shouldn’t be posting anything like this on a public forum. You don’t know who is grandfathered and who isn’t and you made a public statement that these inspectors were breaking the law.

I’d be upset. These posts show up in searches all the time for specific inspectors, if one types in their name. You could be harming their business.

You do not understand. When a license is issued, it is posted on the state site. Until a license is issued, you CANNOT perform home inspections in this state. If you do, you are in violation.

The grandfathering clause allows you to use prior experience in lieu of going to school. If you intend to use that clause, you only have until 12-28-06 but you still cannot work without a license.

Neil, again… that is not what Chapter 65 says.

YOU DO NOT NEED A LICENSE IN TN until December 28th if you’ve made application for licensure.

YOU CAN perform home inspections in TN without a license provided you make application.

You are incorrect.

Read again: http://www.state.tn.us/commerce/boards/hic/pdf/faq.pdf

Although the grammar is incorrect *"…issue a license to an applicant who satisfactorily meet…" *The big paragraph at the bottom of page 2 is clearly talking about inspectors being in violation who have not yet applied for a license as they use the words “if you are a home inspector and plan on applying.” This paragraph makes it clear that one must APPLY, not necessarily receive the license as the paragraph states that the commissioner has until December 28th to issue them.

It is posted on the Commissioners web site as a “Pending Application” There was a bunch of us in that status when the first batch hit in July.

Thanks Nick:D

David… see. You yourself were “in with a bunch” who were legally performing home inspections without a license. Yes? Could there not be others like you?

This is a quote from the actual law. Only the legislature can ammend the law. The law specifies what the commisioner can do but changing the law itself is not one of them. We have been over this before and I imagine it will come up again before the end of the year.

What will happen after the grandfathering clause goes away? Will you consider removing violators from the directories then?

No, this was before 1 July 06.
Licence was delivered by the state on time before the deadline.

Neil, you are very correct about who can and who cannot change the law.

David,

That is why the paragraph at the bottom of page 2 http://www.state.tn.us/commerce/boards/hic/pdf/faq.pdf permits an unlicensed inspector to perform home inspections provided he/she makes application for licensure and why the commissioner is given until December 28, 2006 to issue licenses.

This condition permits unlicensed applicants to peform home inspections legally.

Which means that you are incorrect now. Ball is in your court sir.

These inspectors are breaking the law. If they have applied for a license their name appears on the state web site as pending. If it is not there tey cannot legally perform or advertise for inspections.

I have already been in contact with someone who has turned in inspectors who are not licensed, or listed who qualify for license under grandfather. END result they were forced by the state to comply and remove all advertising or face a penalty. To me, that says it all.

Legal inspectors are listed here…http://www.tennessee.gov/commerce/boards/hic/index.html

Ben, incorrect.

That is a list of licensed inspectors.

I’m sorry, I don’t see what you are referring to. Could you copy it here? Maybe my page 2 is not the same.

The mere post of one member saying that another member doesn’t have a license in a state that has a grandfathering law which permits unlicensed inspectors who have made application but have not yet received their license to perform home inspections until the commissioner approves or denies their application before December 28, 2006 to legally perform inspections is not a mechanism by which NACHI can remove or delete a member.

Exactly, which is what we are all talking about. You should really check with the state NIck, before someone is mislead.

Our COE requires compliance with state laws.

IMO, it would be more appropriate to invite the offenders to comply with NACHI’s ethics code than to immediately take action against them (i.e. taking them off of the inspector index, turn them in to the state, etc.).

It affords the opportunity for both sides to be heard.