NACHI exposes public official abusing public trust for $$$.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/jonrudolphscum.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Sure glad you were there, Nick.

Home Inspection Services of Missouri

www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rwand1

Despicable! Glad you tripped him up!

Kudo's Jerry and Nick.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (OAHI)
http://www.raymondwand.ca

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

3. The proposed Amendment is nothing more than a word-for-word recitation [with a different numbering scheme to fool the unwary] of the standards of practice of the American Society of Home Inspectors, an out-of-state organization to which Mr. Rudolph belongs, rather than the more stringent standards of practice of the Colorado-based NACHI, which is not only the world?s largest association of home inspectors, but Loveland?s, Colorado?s and America?s, as well. Because NACHI standards of practice, continuing education and annual testing requirements are so high, AIG, the world?s largest insurance company, insures NACHI members exclusively at a substantial discount from the rates it regularly charges for errors and omissions insurance. By lowering the home inspection standards to the ASHI model, the City of Loveland will instantly eliminate almost all of the inspectors in the city of Loveland and make it impossible for many to acquire errors and omission insurance to protect the consuming public.

4. The continuing education requirement is inadequate. It should be at least twenty-four (24) hours.

5. There is no annual testing requirement of the home inspector in the proposed Amendment. In an industry that has undergone and continues to undergo such rapid change as the home inspection industry, inspectors should be required to demonstrate continued competency. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission.

6. There is no requirement that the home inspector have any experience whatsoever. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission.

7. Section 3.2.5 is clearly unconstitutional. As written, one could be barred from earning a living as a home inspector on the basis of unproved allegations, while, ironically, a convicted criminal who, thus, has a resolved complaint, could operate as a home inspector with impunity, an absurd result.

8. The Amendment is tainted by its provenance. It was prepared and proposed by a home inspector who is a member of Loveland?s Construction Advisory Board and has ties to the real estate industry. The Amendment he has proposed would eliminate his direct competition which is a clear violation of 5-2(a) of the Loveland City Charter relating to Ethics.

9. Finally, despite NACHI?s having met with the Construction Advisory Board and provided Jon Rudolph with a torrent of material germane to the proposed Amendment, the proposed Amendment omits any mention of NACHI in the Acknowledgement Section, an oversight that could not be unintentional.

Respectfully submitted,

Nick Gromicko
NACHI

When did nachi start endorsing E and O insurance for requirements.

--
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Yoda (The empire Strikes Back)

Originally Posted By: rspriggs

Give me an A . . . .

Russ

--
Exploring Planet NACHI . . . One house at a time.

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.
Coeur d'Alene, ID Home Inspectors
Coeur d'Alene Home Inspectors

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Russel, if it wasn’t for Mr. Rudolph the red-handed raindeer we would never have met. You really started it all by getting me out there a couple years ago.

You're the reason I live in Colorado today.

Thanks!

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

bkelly1 wrote:

To: City Council
Date: 10/11/2005
Re: Home Inspector Registration

Nick Gromicko, Founder of the National Association of Home Inspectors (?NACHI?), respectfully requests that this memorandum be admitted into the record of the hearing on the captioned matter.

NACHI objects to the proposed Amendment to Title 15 of the Loveland Municipal Code for the following reasons:

2. There is no requirement to carry Errors and Omissions Insurance. Thus, an aggrieved client of a negligent home inspector would have no recourse against a judgment proof inspector. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission.

Respectfully submitted,

Nick Gromicko
NACHI

I second Nick's proposal to make E&O a NACHI Membership requirement.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

jhagarty wrote:

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: mboyett

As Chuck M likes to say “Good Luck with that”. icon_cool.gif

Mike Boyett

Capital City Inspections

Austin, Tx

www.capcityinspections.com

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

E & O Insurance is a business decision and should not be a requirement of any association.

Joe H. has a propensity for manipulating words of others while deleting his own. icon_lol.gif

www.monachi.org

jbushart wrote:
Joe H. has a propensity for manipulating words of others while deleting his own. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

James:

What has been misrepresented? It is a direct quote from Nick's letter.

bkelly1 wrote:

Nick Gromicko, Founder of the National Association of Home Inspectors (?NACHI?), respectfully requests that this memorandum be admitted into the record of the hearing on the captioned matter.

NACHI objects to the proposed Amendment to Title 15 of the Loveland Municipal Code for the following reasons:

2. There is no requirement to carry Errors and Omissions Insurance. Thus, an aggrieved client of a negligent home inspector would have no recourse against a judgment proof inspector. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission.
Respectfully submitted,

Nick Gromicko
NACHI

Care to explain where the misrepresentation is?

--
Joseph Hagarty

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Your funny Mike, But I agree “Good luck with that!”

NACHI MAB!

Originally Posted By: rwand1

I concur; insurance is a business decision unless it is mandated by the state or province.

In my particular case insurance is not a requirement, nor is it a requirement to be a member of NACHI, .OAHI nor ASHI, or CAHPI in Ontario.

--
Raymond Wand
Alton, ON
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (OAHI)
http://www.raymondwand.ca

gromicko wrote:
Russel, if it wasn't for Mr. Rudolph the red-handed raindeer we would never have met. You really started it all by getting me out there a couple years ago.

You're the reason I live in Colorado today.

Thanks!

Dang!!!
Then, shortly after you arrive - & even before you get the office set up -
I leave for Idaho!!!
Oh, well, you almost moved here, too!
Now I'm up here in the warm & you're down there in the cold. Go figure.
Russ

--

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

Maybe he can’t. I didn’t know Nachi wanted madatory E&O. ?

“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.” -Yoda (The empire Strikes Back)

jhagarty wrote:
jbushart wrote:
Joe H. has a propensity for manipulating words of others while deleting his own. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

James:

What has been misrepresented? It is a direct quote from Nick's letter.

[

Joe H.

Show me the exact quote regarding NACHI "making E&O a membership requirement", Joe. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

jhagarty wrote:
bkelly1 wrote:

Respectfully submitted,

Nick Gromicko
NACHI

Here is your act of misrepresentation, Joe, unless you can quote such a thing from this letter. I think you owe Mr. Gromicko an apology. I hope you washed your hands before you started putting all of those words in his mouth like that. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

, Founder of the National Association of Home Inspectors (?NACHI?), respectfully requests that this memorandum be admitted into the record of the hearing on the captioned matter.

2. There is no requirement to carry Errors and Omissions Insurance. Thus, an aggrieved client of a negligent home inspector would have no recourse against a judgment proof inspector. If the purported rationale behind the Amendment is to protect the consuming public, this is a glaring omission. Respectfully submitted,

Nick Gromicko
NACHI

____________________________________-

If the amendment is altered, at NACHI's suggestion, Colorado NACHI Members will be required to carry E&O Insurance.

--
Joseph Hagarty

I thought Chris was going to build a J&J page?

icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

Russ Spriggs,
Idaho Chapter Pres.