NACHI Inspector Interviewed by ABC Action News

Originally Posted By: jburkeson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

All,

Nick asked me to share this with the membership, last week NACHI was called and asked if there was a local Tampa inspector they could interview for a segment having to do with the best way to hire a subcontractor. Nick gave them my number, after speaking with me on the phone they asked me to fax them a list of possible talking points, about an hour later they called to ask if I was available to incorporate my talking points into an interview... The rest is history.

Nick, thanks for steering them my way, NACHI has provided my company with a wonderful foundation on which to build my business like no other Home Inspection organization could. I am proud to be a member and will continue to support NACHI and our mutual goals.

I was interview Friday, January 30th, by Jackie Callaway, ABC Action News produced a two minute segment that aired yesterday, you can view it here with RealPlayer... http://www.tampabaylive.com/programming/callforaction.shtml

My interview is the second one down entitled "Advice on choosing a subcontractor" right now I am trying to secure a radio spot with maybe a listener dial-in portion, my ad agency is working on it.

Joe Truth-in-advertising Burkeson

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Joe,

That was great. Well done! You are too smooth.

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: rwills

Joe,

Great job on the interview! man, what I woudn’t give for an oppurtunity like that! Let us know if you get any local recognition from it.

Bob Wills - MAB Chairman

BW Inspection Services

Warminster, Pa.

http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

They aren’t hard to get. All you have to do is send out press releases on a regular basis. Make it about home inspections, interesting ,and timely, not about you. There are plenty of sights on the internet about how to write a short press release (that’s the easy part). Send them to everyone in the media. Finding out their names and addresses takes a little internet search work (that’s the harder part). Then wait… sometimes months (that’s the hardest part).

We're hiring a full time PR gal to blast out press releases all day long starting next month. We'll use www.findaninspector.us to choose and imbed the most local NACHI member's contact info for each recipient.

Nick

Originally Posted By: tgardner

If you are a member of your local Chamber of Comerce, They will give you a list of business media contacs in your area. Heck, they may even help you secure a spot if you tout your membership.

Iv'e got an article I wrote comming out in the next issue of Smith Mountain Lake Living real estate section. The spot was a direct result of Chamber help.

Tim Gardner

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

rwills wrote:
Joe,
Great job on the interview! man, what I wouldn't give for an opportunity like that! Let us know if you get any local recognition from it.

Thanks, nothing has yet come of yesterday's interview but I did secure two inspections through last week's newspaper interview, keeping my fingers crossed.

I believe the media being aware of your business is a two-edged sword they could next week decide to do an evil-inspector news-piece with me as the example, and the public has a love-hate relationship with the news media already.

In conclusion... So far this has been good press, still I wouldn't spend any money of this type of advertisement or public exposure.

Joe All-the-news-that-fits Burkeson

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Joe,

like the man said ' every body has there 15 minutes of fame" make sure that you use yours wisely ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Joe,

You're a STAR!

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: kleonard

Joe,

Your interview was super smooth & way cool!!

Great job..

Kevin IwannabelikeJoeBurkesonwhenIgrowup Leonard