Local Newspaper Interview

Originally Posted By: jburkeson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Just tooting my horn a bit, recently I was interviewed for a local newspaper the South Shore News which is a subsidiary of the Tampa Tribune. You can read it here, http://southshore.tbo.com/southshore/MGAWJG4BXPD.html this is the 2nd time I have been published regarding home inspection. Hope it will help the phone to keep ringing, in any case I will print this and add it to my NACHI binder.

BTW During the interview I talked a great deal about NACHI and stressed how belonging to a professional home inspection like NACHI is vital, too bad they cut that out. Maybe next time.

Joe now-I-know-how-Madonna-feels Burkeson

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

You got to feel Madonna icon_question.gif icon_question.gif

Blane,

You know, Madonna, Like a star <giggle>

Joe Sniffing-the-big-time- Burkeson ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

--

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Oh, man, I thought you were saying that you felt Madonna. I don’t know why I would have been suprised, since many, many others have. icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: rkulla

Nice article Joe,

I’m sure you will get some action from it. I like the palm trees on the top of the page. Currently -14 degrees below zero outside here. eusa_doh.gif

You guy’s got it made down there.

Rex Kulla

Custom Home Inspections

Maple Grove, MN

(612) 799-3093

Originally Posted By: tgardner

Joe,

Nice publicity! Makes you the expert.

Do you advertise in this newspaper as well?

Rgds, tg

P.S. Did you notice the spelling errors? I guess even newspaper reporters ignore spell check and proof reading. Sorry - pet peeve issue. It took two edits just to fix one mis-spelling on my part.

tgardner wrote:
Nice publicity! Makes you the expert.

Do you advertise in this newspaper as well?

Hi Tim

Without spel-check I would be sunk ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

No, I have never advertised in their newspaper, I really don't know just how they got my name or picked me for the interview. This newspaper is a subsidiary of a large newspaper located in Sun City Center, of which I am a member of the Chamber of Commerce, other than that there is no connection.

The other article that was published last year entitled "Home Inspection - No Job for Armatures" was with different local publication where I also advertised. For whats it worth, I don't believe there is any direct business derived from these publications, what it does do is give you credibility in your own community so that when an inspection is required hopefully you will get the call.

Joe Star-power Burkeson

--

~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Joe,

Nice job! I was looking for you to hit a gay friendly homer with that story. What's up?
![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: kleonard

Hi Joe,

Nice article, If it was mine I would email that link to every RE Agent in the area. ![icon_idea.gif](upload://6VKizmOm2U7YYmfXNtFW4XTwFVy.gif)

It definately says a lot for your credibility....

Kevin

Originally Posted By: lcushwa

Joseph,

I was lucky enough to have an article published in the January 2004 Houston Realtor magazine. http://houstonrealtor.har.com/DispArticle.cfm?ARTICLE_ID=2230

I also hope this brings some business my way.

Have a great day!

Lynn