Neutral Magic

Professional job !!

IMG_0005 (Small).JPG

WOW:roll: :shock:

Geezzz…I’m going to have to add a few more descriptive defects to my reports…triple taps…quadruple taps…quintuplit taps:shock:
Maybe to keep it simple…Multi - taps.:slight_smile:

Even after all that, they still managed to get more than one neutral under a screw.

Geez…

That is one of the scarriest things I have ever seen! ESPECIALLY from a pro.

Again, not only did they manage to funnel potentially hundreds of amps worth of current through three #12s, they are all in the same hole.

Proof that few inspectors (electrical that is) remove panel covers.

Simply a shame to the profession…Would LOVE to speak with the “PRO” who did this and explain a few things.

Never seems to amaze me what people will do.

I sure hope this was not done by an electrician .
This is a disgrace

Roy Cooke

This condition was found in a 1 year old home. The home is located in a small municipality with a weak AHJ. I believe this work was performed by a licensed electrical contractor. Tab

Weak or strong AHJ is regardless, common sense should prevail. I hope the home owner plans on suing the electrician. Or at least exposing his work to the media.

:smiley:

We had a similar question over at Bob Badger’s house except the single wire was 250.66 size (or alternately computed for 250.122 based on worst case phase loading). I don’t think anyone really came up with something that said it was wrong specifically in the code. Obviously using a #12 would not meet the 250.122 test (adding up all the overcurrent devices)

Greg code # do not mean much to most home inspectors including me . Thanks Roy Cooke

250.66 is the size of the ground electrode conductor, based on the service conductor size and 250.122 is the size of the equipment ground conductor, based on the breaker size.

This was the ground wire on an electric furnace yesterday.