New Construction Inspections -pre inspection agreement

Originally Posted By: staylor
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Does anyone doing new construction inspections have a specialized p.i.a. that they would be willing to share icon_question.gif

Steve Taylor
Taylor Inspection Services, Inc.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

New construction inspections require a special license in my state as they are code inspections. You are hired by the contractor in the form of a permit (which you specify the cost of!)

This is a huge moneymaker in my state, however to get the license takes a barrage of tests that I’m just not ready for yet.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

You should move this post out of “State Legislation” where we discuss States licensing laws into a more appropriate thread. Maybe General or Misc. You may get more responses.

Originally Posted By: jpope

Quote:
You should move this post out of "State Legislation" where we discuss States licensing laws into a more appropriate thread. Maybe General or Misc. You may get more responses.

I agree.

Quote:
New construction inspections require a special license in my state as they are code inspections. You are hired by the contractor in the form of a permit (which you specify the cost of!)

I disagree.

I provide quality control inspections rather than code inspections and work for the client, not the builder ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif) .

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: staylor

How do I move the post from this forum to another? I am relatively inexperienced at posting on the board.

And yes I was primarily talking about doing qc work for the client (owner/buyer).

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

Another question to which that I did not have the correct answer. icon_redface.gif

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: rpaul

I have been doing Quality Control Inspections for Banks and I am leaning to the new construction and as someone mentioned it will include checking probably some codes too. Not to enforce but to make sure they were adhered to. The only thing is each municipality has thier own little ideas

and you have to know them too. But the minimal is a goood start!

Rick