New dish sterilizer on the market

Ok pulling your leg.
This is a TPR valve running from a 30 gal electric that not only runs up hill but also terminates at a faucet type spout in the kitchen sink.

From what I understand all of the water heaters in this one of Chicago’s most famous buildings (Marina City) is installed in just this way.

Here is a picture of the twin buildings that may help remind you of this structure which holds House of Blues and has been featured in many movies.

Most famous may be when Steve McQueen backed out of one of the open air parking slots that fill the lower floors and in to the Chicago River in Man Hunter.

marina city.jpg

marina city.jpg

marina city.jpg

Air gap to an indirect waste receptacle. Certainly located where it would get noticed if it discharged.

Water heater TPR valve should never discharge into the sink, tub, shower stall, etc. Emergency discharge of hot water / steam might cause severe injury. Keep the discharge pipe low, always pointing down and within 6″ from the floor level – you may also pipe it directly into the floor drain.

**Discharge **pipe from the water heater TPR valve **must **always run downhill - if the TPR valve opens occasionally, and water / steam instead of being drained, accumulates / floods the valve, it might eventually cause its corrosion, and prevent it from functioning properly or at all.

Copied off check this house .com

No, you may not. Just because you read it on the internet, doesn’t always make it so.

I take that to mean in a basement with 6 inch gap.

Do you consider it ok to run uphill ?

Do you see any issues?

Do you feels into a kitchen sink is ok?

Do you ever take advice from members of this forum (internet) ?:shock:

:D:D

OK then.:wink:

What??? Nice one Jeffrey :smiley:

Who cares what you think?
You are on the internet.:twisted:

I never said that it was OK to run it uphill, or to use the flexible connectors for discharge lines, for that matter. I also suspect that the spout is less than full diameter of the valve discharge. Considering that the only way to route it from below the sink into the sink is to run it uphill, then the installation is not proper. However it does have the required features that I did mention in my post.

Also, as was indicated by others "check this house .com " is hardly an authoratative source for installation standards (might as well quote HG TV). You might reference appliable codes (I know you are not a code inspector) or manufacturer installaton documentation.

Spout is a smaller diameter,good point.

Inspecting NY is not official code either but I bet most of the guys here go there for last minute info.:slight_smile:

Sorry if Check this house angered anyone but the info is correct.