New FREE logo designed for Elemental Solutions

For more info on logos go here: Common Mistakes in Designing Home Inspection Logos - InterNACHI® We also provide video walk-throughs of some of our logo designs and marketing tips here: https://marketing.nachi.org/videos-webinars-articles

Have your marketing professionally designed by the InterNACHI design team. The design services are free. Place your custom print order here: marketing.nachi.org

4 Likes

Nice logo.

1 Like

Looks great Levi! I rate this on your top 10 list.

1 Like

Is one supposed to know what the company does by their logo, theoretically speaking?

This is a great question! A logo is to clearly and professionally communicate a company name. The Pepsi logo isn’t a picture of brown, carbonated water in a cup. The FedEx logo has been exactly the same for something like 25 years without a picture of packages. The McDonalds logo isn’t a cheeseburger, it’s a rounded capital M. The Sharp logo is a red font. While a logo can refer to what a company does, generally that info is provided by all of the information surrounding it, since a logo is almost never working all on its own. One of the biggest mistakes people make with a logo is when they try to make a logo do all of the work that an entire website does. If this person is primarily being hired online, they could place a large image of a building with “Commercial inspections” right in the dead center of the website. The image and the larger text would communicate the services provided much more quickly than trying to fit all of that information into a 1/2" box with text at the top of a page. Hopefully all of that is helpful and makes some sense.

1 Like

So it’s up to the logo owner to “brand” the logo into what he wants the public to recognize from seeing it?

I agree with Larry about convaying the message.

In my opinion, that logo in no way says home inspection company.

Maybe that didn’t make sense. I can either read your name at a glance or I can’t. I don’t expect a logo to tell me everything that company does, that would be an unreasonable expectation for an image often smaller than a thumbprint. A logo is about communicating a name clearly. The photographs and words around a logo can clearly convey the services provided, so the logo is not obligated to show every service you intend to provide for all of time. I don’t look at the McDonalds logo next to a huge photo of a cheeseburger and go, “Man, I just can’t puzzle out what kind of food that restaurant makes from the logo”. A logo just needs to be easy to read and look professional. What works for one person in one geographic region might not work well for someone in another location. In a podcast with Rob from CCPIA the other day we talked about how placing a home in a logo communicates your intention to inspect homes, so someone looking for a commercial inspector might not be inclined to hire a guy with a house picture. If you put a house in your logo then try to go into commercial inspections, you will end up having to rebrand (redo all of the marketing from the beginning), so with a logo less can be more depending on your intentions for the direction of the company. It’s good to know your plans before you finalize a logo. Sometimes a letterform logo is just about preventing a logo from pigeonholing a company into one specific market. Hopefully that helps clarify everything a bit more. Thanks for the comments!

1 Like