New Free, Online Course to Become a Code Inspector

We are pleased to announce a new free, online course for InterNACHI® members.

InterNACHI’s “Property Maintenance & Housing Code Inspector Course” to become a building code inspector is free and online for members.

The goal of this course is for the student to become a certified property maintenance and housing code inspector, and a code enforcement officer. This free, online course provides content for the student to learn about building code, housing inspections, and code enforcement.

InterNACHI Certified Property Maintenance Housing Code Inspector Logo BW
Download the logo.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Awesome course.

2 Likes

It looks like another informational and training course to take. Ben always does a great job in his presentations. Looking forward to completing the coursework. Many thanks to Nick, Ben and all of the great people who make Internachi a success.

6 Likes

Been waiting for a course as such . So get it done.
The more the what . ???

2 Likes

This is great! Another thing to add to the list of improvement.

3 Likes

WOW! Nice Logo.

I will definitely recommend this course to our inspectors! I’ve been waiting for a course like this to come out!

Thanks again!
Steve
Home Investment & Inspections
Veteran Owned and operated

1 Like

Enjoyed the course! Well done…Thank you very much for all your time.

Thank you, Steve. Knowing code and building standards can help home inspectors do better inspections. We have updated the logo. It’s below. We’ll soon put it on the Certification Logos for Your Inspection Business - InterNACHI® page.

The logo is available to be used by any current InterNACHI® member who completes the Property Maintenance & Housing Code Inspector Course (free & online for members), provided by the only accredited home inspector college (internachi.edu).

1 Like

Thank you, John.

Thank you, Jacob.

Thank you, Darryl.

Thank you, David.

We had many InterNACHI® members ask for help in finding inspection jobs that we considered “critical” during the pandemic. Building code officials were and still are in demand.

And ICC® posts “inspector jobs” on their website at https://jobs.iccsafe.org/jobs/.

This course helps you become a Property Maintenance & Housing Code Inspector, who is a code enforcement officer responsible for enforcing the minimum maintenance standards and condition of all properties, buildings, and structures in the local jurisdiction, ensuring the structures are safe, sanitary, and fit for occupation and use.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 8.15.38 AM

2 Likes

Here’s the updated certification logo (as of Jan 6 2021):

The InterNACHI® Certified Property Maintenance & Housing Code Inspector logo is available for use by all current InterNACHI® members who have successfully completed the required online course, Property Maintenance & Housing Code Inspector Course.

I wrote the InterNACHI® Course, passed the InterNACHI® course exam, passed the ICC® certification exam, and now I’m a certified code inspector. Knowing building code and standards makes me a better home inspector. But here’s a warning about advertising yourself as a code inspector.

InterNACHI’s “Property Maintenance & Housing Code Inspector Course” to become a building code inspector is free and online for members.

The goal of this course is for the student to become a certified property maintenance and housing code inspector, and a code enforcement officer. This free, online course provides content for the student to learn about building code, housing inspections, and code enforcement.

4 Likes

Great course, and just passed the final exam this morning. Next up will be the ICC exam.

3 Likes

Congratulations, Joshua!

1 Like

Joshua will you please post information about this course helping you with your final exam? I am very interested to learn if the InterNACHI course makes a good study guide.

1 Like