New wind mitigation inspection form and proposed rule changes released by FL OIR.

Jose,
I am going to try and be there for the meeting if it is open to public. I’m obviously not in the Wind Mit Biz at this point, but would like to see whats happening in person.
The more Inspection Businesses that show up the better!

ed

Jose’, feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but your previous failed attempt to take action against the MSFH program had nothing what so ever to do with home inspectors, your beef was that the MSFH program expanded the market of who could perform wind MIT inspections beyond the usual list of suspects (CGCs, PE’s, AIA’s et al) I find it interesting that your few number of posts in this forum containing your thoughts on both the MSFH issue and the 1802 form do in no way promote HI’s?

Comments?

Gerry

Yeah you’re wrong in the spin that you’ve given this issue and my position. First let me make this very clear I am a 101% an InterNachi advocate and promoter, this is very clear to Nick as well as it is very clear to the hundreds if not thousands of students I have instructed throughout the State of Florida. I have even encouraged licensed contractors and other construction professionals to associate themselves with InterNachi. This was obvious at the stakeholders meeting in Margate Florida were I was honored and humbled by the applause and support I received from my piers, Nick was there he can tell you. Second you make a statement that seems to be intended to discourage some from joining the fight. You say my “last failed attempt”. What do you know!!! You weren’t there you didn’t lift a finger for yourself or anyone else. You state that my fight was “that the MSFH program expanded the market of who could perform wind MIT inspections beyond the usual list of suspects (CGCs, PE’s, AIA’s et al)” that’s a lie my fight was to eliminate from any consideration to the MSFH inspectors from authority of signing the form, as it is still my position today. Jesus the program doesn’t even exists anymore it expired on June 30, 2009. My position was to stop a monopoly infringing on our rights. If I failed then answer why are we still in the fight one year later, when what they wanted last year was a new inspection form effective Jan 09’ which was the buzz around the market created by the WCE’s that would allow them open and unlimited rights to perform and sign off on the OIR form while restricting everyone else. That didn’t really happen now did it? If I would have failed back then why are they still trying again now? What is this hearing about, maybe a renewed effort at a monopoly? If I failed why were the MSFH inspectors placed as Inactive and now there’s a renewed interest in allowing them to be signers. What I stated before and will again is –there training is substandard and they can not be on an even playing field with licensed professionals or real home inspectors. Informed inspectors with just a little common sense can see through this. Nice try, but those who know me—know what I’m about.

With that said; I don’t know what motivates you to try to tarnish the only proactive individual that try’s to bring Home Inspectors together and unite them under a single worthy cause “Freedom”. Freedom to exercise there constitutional right to work, to not be subjected to abusively low fee’s and be enslaved by a few that control and monopolize and use this unfairly obtained wealth and power along with the compounding effects of the economy to exploit us. What’s so concerning to you about myself or InterNachi fighting special interest to protect and insure the fair treatment of home inspectors, there prosperity and abilities to continue there long time tradition of free enterprise. The misinformation and environment that has been created as an attempt to make InterNachi appear to be substandard to the MSFH and the WCE training and capabilities, when we all know it is totally the opposite. Whose side are you on???

Please do not try to create a distraction from the real issue, you’re only helping the opposition that is working against the interests of InterNachi and it’s members, you either want equality and freedom to work independently or you favor a monopoly of only 9 companies controlling an entire sector of our market and letting InterNachi inspectors eat from there scraps.

All members and citizens have a choice, to be submissive and obedient or to stand up for there rights and challenge wrongful actions by the few. Our founding fathers had this same choice; thank god they decided to stand up and unite rather than lay down and take it. I’ll tell you what; lets ask Nick our founder what’s his feeling and post it hear. At this point everyone need to pick a side, what’s yours?

**“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent their government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” **

Thomas Jefferson 1787

Jose’

It is a PUBLIC hearing and it is your right to participate, remember this issue is to probably be the beginning of a bad precedence, once if they succeed in making this is the accepted way of doing business–how long do you think it will be before they move in to other sectors of the inspection industry, how long before you have to work for them??

Looking forward to meeting you there.

Jose’

It is hard to take someone serious when they don’t know the difference between There and Their.

Interesting Jose’ looks like I hit the intended nerve

Your quote:

I’d be very interested to know who you were talking to last year as you didn’t decide to make iNACHI your pulpit until Feb of this year. Remember this, the state and insurance entities will simply not deal with hundreds of small inspection companies that is why they contracted with entities who have the management and QA sklls to deliver finished product. As to your contention that you are the saving grace of INACHI members in this state, you are simply showing your ignorance. I very much doubt that anyone has done more than I to promote iNACHI members in this area, and many members here will attest to that.

I find you self serving at best

Regards

Gerry

Come on Greg you’ve never had a typo? I didn’t proof read it sorry for that I hope it wasn’t offensive.
Gerry, it seems that everything you write about this issue is either gloom and doom pessimistic on any chance for InterNachi inclusion or opportunity. Maybe you’ve promoted interNachi in your area but how about a little support. You seem to have the same point of view and position as the WCE’s. Are you saying that they have better software capabilities than InterNachi? well I still believe in the InterNachi inspectors and InterNachi’s capabilities. I tend to hold to the dream of independence and opportunity for ALL.
I can’t help but wonder why? what exactly is in it for you if the WCE’s get this done? I was warned about InterNachi members in bed with these guy’s, I wonder–are you one? why? what is so wrong about InterNachi inspectors that you support everything on this issue that goes against the very fabric of what InterNachi stands for.
WOW–Self Serving, I use my time and my money to fight for ALL, not only for me. This is very offensive, the only one’s that are self serving and are closing any opportunities for everyone are the companies you never seem to have anything to say about. I feel sorry for you and anyone else that actually listens to you, I guess you are a believer of “Hope & Change” too. Keep believing; at the end that’s what you’ll have, I’m very busy working on something productive and I will not entertain these distractions any further.
Good luck to you, and if God willing everything goes well for the InterNachi inspectors you’ll still benefit from the outcome, maybe I should have played both sides of the fence; No !! on second thought can‘t do that, its that ethics thing that haunts me.

Jose’ thanks for confirming my worst fears about you! now here’s what you don’t know and aren’t bright enough to go find. Yes I have relationships with many former WCE’s these relationships have benefited hundreds of iNACHI inspectors over the last 5 years (One instance alone generated 14,000 inspections for iNACHI members after Hurricane Wilma, all done by InterNACHI members) I have also lobbied most of the former WCE’s to use iNACHI members and have had much success with that.

As for the MSFH program (which I was never a fan of) I worked my *** of to get iNACHI members front and center of that program, at the same time you were pursuing actions against the state for restraint of YOUR trade as a P.E NOT as a home inspector!!

I’m sorry if you feel I am a shill for the former WCE’s in plain fact I have for a very long time been a shill for the HI’s. You still have yet to refute that your actions against the state were driven by anything other than protecting YOUR business as an Engineer.

As to anyones ability to perform insurance inspections of any type read several of my posts over the past 3 years!! I believe HI’s are the best placed to do this work, but that isn’t the end of the story, the insurance entities will only contract with companies with a proven track record of management skills, oversight and QA, iNACHI never had a dog in the race, the fact that (in hindsight) we could have developed systems and software to compete is not relevant, we didn’t… we lost. PERIOD.

As I said before this time last year you were taking actions to protect your business not that of most HI’s here in Florida.

Get a grip on reality before you call me out again

Regards

Gerry

What a waste of my time, I have been in the HOME INSPECTION BUSINESS since 1992, engineering and surveying are secondary–try getting your facts straight. I don’t care what you say, InterNachi has much larger and better informational capabilities than all the WCE’s put together. What the WCE’s do have they got from the MSFH program millions they received. About track record, try reading some of MSFH audits they show a spotty record at best.
If your fears have been answered what about mine—your a traitor to your own profession. What did you successfully lobby for? having InterNachi inspectors become puppets and slaves for $50.00, nice job.
I may not win, the truth is they have a lot more money and are able to do a lot with it. Not always does good prevail although many would like to think so. But I can always stand up anyplace at anytime and my piers will always know I fought against the odds never selling out, never cowering out. Even less sabotaging any legitimate challenge.

Shameful.

Thanks for playing Jose’

BTW you still have not addressed any of the topics I asked you about have you???

Regards

Gerry

What is it that you have agaisnt this guy I don’t know about? So far he has been the single advocate for this on this site and he is HERE. I have only seen info that is truthful and accurrate on his posts. Not a great time for division in the ranks now felllas. Same goes for you Gerry B. What’s the beef?

Brian, appoligies, it’s been a long day I’ll answer fully tomorrow, but personaly I find Jose’ to be disengenuous at best. The issues surrounding the 1802 are extremely complicated (including some FL statutes) and Home inspectors lack of legal standing in this state doesn’t help.

Regards

Gerry

I don’t know what may have prompted your personal impressions regarding Mr. Uz. But I couldn’t agree more that this is a complicated issue and that HI’s in this state lack representation and I actually feel that we lost ground in the process with the DBPR stakeholder meetings.

what’s all the drama about… hi licensing, the new oir form, who can do wind inspections, or reinspection contracts? this is like a wind inspector soap opera for petes sake. seriously though, whats the gig? Is there some vast wind conspiracy going on behind closed doors somewhere? Are we plotting to take down the wce’s-bravely following our fearless leader, general uz. As for me, im not sure about uz’s 500,000 word wind history lessons but am quite impressed by his vocabulary and anacronyms. Anyway, I look foward to any hateful replies.

Brian,

Yes, many legal issue that not being an attorney I would not be properly educated for interpretation, I also know that Gerry isn’t one either. I will tell something several attorney’s have looked at this, Charles Curtis in Ft. Lauderdale which is an administrative law attorney, Jeff Norkin from Sunrise, Steve Pave from Miami and a team of attorney’s from the FES have all looked at this and agree with my position as well as others I care not discuss now.

You are always going to find 2 sides to every issue, Brian; some will benefit greatly with more wind mit restrictions placed on HI’s this is the truth, the vast majority of us won’t. Read carefully those which attack me and you will realize that they have sold themselves out, a couple of scraps was enough to purchase integrity. You see our Congress and Senate selling us out everyday to special interests in the news. do you believe that everyone is ethical? read on Gerry admits to be in bed just look at his posts. You will always find a Benedict Arnold in every issue, thank you for your support.

Jose’

Need we say more !!! Confession is good for the soul !!!

Everyone; Check your facts before allowing your thoughts to be influenced.

FACT #1

Hurricane Wilma in 2005 affected the U.S. state of Florida in late October.
(Find this fact at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_Hurricane_Wilma_in_Florida)

FACT #2

In 2006, state lawmakers took action and appropriated $250 million to create the My Safe Florida Home program. (Find this fact at http://www.mysafefloridahome.com/abouttheprogram.asp)

You see Guy’s liars are easily had; all you have to do is check the facts. How can Gerry’s relationship with the WCE’s have generated 14,000 inspections for InterNachi after Hurricane Wilma if the WCE’s didn’t exist? Ask yourselves who is self serving? I keep hearing around the State from not only InterNachi inspectors but from ASHI and others like GC’s and PE’s how they have been reduced to a $50.00 “Gross” inspector, is this what you’ve worked for?

[FONT=Arial]I have attended Mr. Uz’s classes before; I also known the man for a long time, he’s always been very passionate and has always spoken in plural and inclusive of everyone. The notion that he is self serving is completely false. This Gerry guy is nothing but a sellout, in reading everyone’s posts I can’t help but notice the defensive nature towards the WCE companies that Gerry puts up, while I only see Jose Uz’s focus and passion on fairness, equality and opportunity for all. I support those ideals, open market not closed markets. Why should a few decide who gets inspections and who doesn’t, what does Gerry have in the works, maybe his own little piece of the WCE pie. I don’t know but it sure looks like it.[/FONT]

This Gerry dud seems to have a pre-planed agenda, if he didn’t why would he challenge Uz, I mean if we all get lucky and the market would change and InterNachi would be included and recognized in these contracts with insurance companies and stuff wouldn’t he benefit also. So why the lies and controversy, or does this maybe looks like Gerry would actually benefit from WCE success. I mean look who is supporting InterNachi and look who is standing up for the WCEs. I’ll go with the guy that doesn’t side with special interest thanks.

O. Lopez

Jose,

I

Jose,

I really don’t know you or remember meeting you. I am sorry if my previous post offended you. It was not meant as a personnel attack. I see that mistake being made over and over on the board, this just happened to be the thread that I made a post about it on.

It is apparent to me that the special interests (Agents, Contractors, Engineers and Former WCEs) are really influencing our pending legislation. With that being the case I trust no one that is a member of the special interests groups.