Nick how long has CMI been around?

I saw that too Jeff…I even went to your site and I think he changed one word.

Great stuff Nick !!!:cool:

Jim

Jeff I would hope all inspectors take from NACHI to improve their business that is not what I am talking about. Lying to get customers is the problem I have. He states to have been an inspector for what “21 years” (depends where you look) and you have to LIE to get business? If you have to result to deception to get people to use you it just a sad sad day…

“If you’re not stealing from Pope, your not getting the most out of your theft!”

Whats the tm at the end stand for??? Oh, that must mean “Take Me”

Pretty good Sean

Operating with integrity doesn’t appear to be much of a priority. Sad indeed.

And since this is a general area all the search engines will haved picked all of this up by now, marketing at it’s best:D
Moral of the story don’t lie and for sure don’t steal from the POPE:D

What is infrared (IR) technology? Using a medical analogy, it’s a bit like an MRI or x-ray for your home. More specifically, our infrared camera detects minute differences in temperature and in many cases allow us to find things that are not normally detectable. In your home, our infrared technology might detect:

Albert why would you say this

To be completely fair, he has changed the wording around a bit, so it’s not an exact duplicate. His home page says;

“If Your Home Inspector isn’t using INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY You’re Not Getting the Full Picture!”

My tag line is;

“If your inspector is not using thermal imaging, you’re not getting the whole picture.”

When I asked him to remove it from his site, his response was;

“Nice try, but the answer is no. I came up with that myself, it is not copied from you. Further contact regarding this will be considered harassment.”

I filed for this mark in February of 2009 USPTO #77675406

His first post on this board - before he owned a thermal imaging camera - was in July of 2010

But he made up this tag line “on his own.” :roll:

As I told him, I will contact my attorney after the holiday weekend. We’ll let him decide if this is infringement.

big change Jeff

I now have a VERY Different Opinion of this man…I’ve only traded conversations in the past on an old Message Board, sad to see the real Bruce Lundsford basically could-appear to be, just be a liar and a web content thief…sad, but really possibly true…:shock:

Time will tell, and its doesn’t take long around here to figure folks out.

It’s all good. What I have noticed time and again is that the “old timers” who once had a striving business are now hurting for clients. They assumed their business would continue to grow because 10 years ago they provided a superior service. Now with technology, people wanting it faster and better, many of those people have lost sight of business evolution and have made no drastic changes to facilitate the customers needs.

So their once revolutionary means of doing business is now antiquated and no longer desired. So many will eventually go out of business or lie to deceive the customer. I have been doing this for 12 years and can say I learn as much from the newer guys as I do from the seasoned veterans.

Not that I really have a dog in this hunt, but is it really worth the time, effort and money to go after a person who’s website verbaige is similar or the same when you are in CA and they are in FL? I could see it if you were a large national company, but not for a local home inspector. Now if they are in your market area, that is a different story.

I can’t tell you how many folks have taken entire sections of my website and placed on theirs. My theory is if it does not impact my business, I have bigger fish to fry than to go chasing after them.

The bigger problem with the inspection industry is it’s appearance to the the rest of the world. When one inspector lies or does a poor job(or makes stupid comments) it reflects on the rest of us, like it or not. One or two would not make much of a difference but in a newer profession it has taken a toll. Many guys believe that lying or severely stretching the truth will help gain business. They do not realize that in the long hall it is what destroys them, and hurts the rest of us. It is one reason why contractors(as a whole) in Florida are growing their inspection business. Always, always, always take the high road. The low road starts better until you realize that you are, and always will be competing with the newbies. The interesting part; it is the same in contracting.

IMHO

Scott, in the past you’ve been critical of InterNACHI’s propensity to take aggressive legal action to defend it’s intellectual property. Let me explain. One of the legal requirements for holding a Trademark is to defend it. Jeff really doesn’t have a choice.

I’ve had this happen to myself recently where a larger/older competitor in my area had copied one of my pages so much that he forgot to change the phone number on it. He changed the name to his but it had my phone number on it. After I had found this through copyscape.com I sent him a nice letter how he was in violation of the millinium act, his hosts agreement and something else (I’m still at the hospital with my wife and new baby so I don’t have my laptop to give the specifics). That page was promptly removed within a day after I sent it. It’s sad when others can’t come up with their own content and have to steal or lie.

Thanks John for this post Many do not see that what they say is open to the public .
We have Inspectors who frequently attack other Inspectors .
This some times tends to start a flame war that sure does not help NACHI or its members .
I do know many who seldom post or do not even post any more from what has and still does happen.
NACHI refuses to do any thing to a member who over steps the line .
NACHI did just remove a none member who made many nasty posts , but Members who have done the same thing carry on with very improper posts .
I wonder why all Home Inspectors are not given equal treatment.
… Roy

True, but after doing years of work as an EW I have really come to see and believe that the winners of just about any litigation case are the attorneys.

Lawsuit abuse in our country is just about out of control, now if we only had a system like they do in England where they plaintiffs pay the defense and court cost if they do not prevail. I’m not saying that protection of intellectual property is not important, you just have to weigh all aspects of it.

I have mellowed with time, it is amazing what is really important in life after you have had a life changing event take place to you or your family.

Being a Founding Member of NACHI,
There were no CMI Inspectors back in 1998…

A*** only had Certified Inspectors
after NACHI
:slight_smile: