Ohio City law requiring all homes to be inspected. InterNACHI members run task force.

The City of Toledo, Ohio recently passed a law requiring houses sold on land contract to be inspected. The City has put together a task force to work out details related to qualifications of inspectors, the inspection procedures, and so on. There are four inspectors on the task force along with an educational representative from Hondros College and the City of Toledo building commissioner, City of Toledo Chief Building inspector and other City officials. Three of the four inspectors are InterNACHI members. :smiley:

Cool Beans!!!:smiley:

Thanks Nick for the update.

Any other Ohio cities you know of that are doing this ?

Just wondering, cause I’m in Dayton.

Regards,

Darrell

Woo-hoo, Holy Toledo!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mic

Glad to hear it. I had heard about this at one of our monthly meetings. Keep us up to date guys on how it is going, it is only a matter of time before it spreads state wide.

Thats great for the client and us. Its about time.

It’s great to see such a law passed and that NACHI is well represented.

Cincinnati Ohio Home Inspectors
NACHI Certified home inspection services in Cincinnati OH.

This is a great thing! I would like to get info. from these guys on their techniques in doing it. I’m in Knoxville, TN and feel that there are several local members of NACHI that would really be interested in working for the same results as toledo’s law.

Good that NACHI is involved but a very bad law

Wonder why just land contract??

rlb

Does anyone have the text for this law.
I guess I’m just suspicious anytime government gets involved in business.

Thanks