Oil Tank Fill lines

Originally Posted By: jmyers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Dan,

Thanks.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: dkeogh

Also, I just thought of this iron and steel expand when they heat up and in threory the joints would close and oil vapor would exhoust throug the vent pipe to the outside. Still a hazard I guess

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Dan,

This much I believe we can all agree on, I would not want to be standing next to the oil tank while the house is on fire whether the pipes are steel, iron or copper! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

I do have to say that I found that little tid bit of information interesting. I believe I will call the department of labor and industry searching for some more information.

I will certainly let you know how I make out.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: rcooke

A fire if it does not threaten loss of life is bad . A leaking oil tank can be worst . We have one in Belleville where the oil man put his hose into the fill pipe and proceeded to put in 200 gallons . Only no tank on the inside . Cost so far has approached $1,000,000:00 dollars . I do not know if has been settled yet . So make sure you do not miss the fill pipe that is still there with out a tank . Your insurance might not cover the total cost of clean up .Roy Cooke sr, Brighton ont Canada