Oil Tank Repair ?

Inspected a oil tank and I didn’t see signs of any current leaking. What I did see when I looked underneath however were 3 spots in the rust that looked liked metal bubblegum wadded and stuck to the bottom. Is this a sign of repair?

I would mention it , are oil stains on the floor i see? tank should be reviewed

In Canada I think this tank is to old to be used and would be condemned .

An oil leak can cost here up too $100,000.00 or more to clean up .
I would make sure to write this as needing immediate replacement and to make sure there has been no contamination .

I am definitely gonna mention. I just couldn’t answer the clients question if this was a previous repair. The tank and rust (lol) were still smooth until these wads of whatever so I wanted to ask.

Time to replace that take BEFORE it leaks.

They are a mess to clean up afterwards but easy before a leak.

Without being there i can not see for sure , droplets noted though i would say it is time to replace as others said . very soon indeed.did you scrap it with your finger nail or anything

Zackly.

Water settles to the bottom of the oil and rusts the tank from the inside out, is what I understand and have experienced.

I cut one in half to dispose of it and it was nearly rusted through in many spots that didn’t show well from the outside.

I ran my hand along the bottom. No nail scraping.

That white stuff looks like spider nests or the pics are out of focus :slight_smile: agree with everyone elsere the state of tank.

Metal bubble gum makes think JB Weld