The Ontario Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) have developed a stand-alone document for Ontario entitled *Ontario Installation Code for Oil-Burning Equipment – First Edition / 2006.* The major changes between the provincial and national CSA B139 installation codes include:
- Increasing its scope to include larger aboveground tank systems over a capacity of 2500L and all underground tank systems;
- Replacement of the section on “Installation of Field installed Burners” with a new section specifically on field approvals;
- Inclusion of requirements to address spills and leaks;
- Removal of the requirements on “Central Oil Distribution Facilities”;
- Vehicle protection for indoor tanks;
- Allowance for alternative arrangements for venting of auxiliary tanks; and
- Installation of fuel oil line deaerators.
TSSA has adopted this new Ontario code. The CSA Ontario Installation Code for Oil-Burning Equipment is available from the Canadian Standards Association. Order inquiries should be directed to CSA at 1-800-463-6727, or shop online at www.shopCSA.ca.
Expert Building Inspections Ltd