Originally Posted By: dbush
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Yesterday evening I was doing an inspection on a split level 3000 sf home, some minor electrical issues, but all of the outlets test as wiring ok. Got in the basement, where they had these nice brass outlet covers, stuck in my 3 prong tester (luckily didn’t use my suretest on this one). Sparks fly, outlet blackened, cover gets blown off the recep. Apparently, the screw was missing on the outlet cover, which came in contact (I assume) with the tester contact and sparked like hell. For those of you that have not had that happen real close to your face, your eyes will see spots for about 1 - 2 hours after it with a hell of a headache.
Be careful, even the receptacles can hurt
"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"