Originally Posted By: jhagarty
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
Payne Gas Hot Air Furnace (1999)
Furnace is short cycling with both the burner and fan coming on for a few minutes at a time. Several Contractors have been out to look at it with various suggestions.
- Ductwork on the supply is undersized and needs replacement.
- Insufficient return air provisions requiring additional ductwork
- Poor placement of the thermostat above a return duct recommending relocation.
- Internal thermostat problem on the Unit.
- Just replace it with a Better Model.