Pool handrail missing

pool handrail
Hey guys, I believe there should be a handrail in this walk in side of the pool. I’m not 100% sure, so I want to check before I call this out.

Thanks,

ISPSC says yes, but don’t say it’s required. Just recommend for safety. Let the occupant decide to install or not. Often they are removable and are put away in the winter.

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s what I was looking to recommend.

1 Like

I agree with Simon.

1 Like

In-pool stairs shall be equipped with not less than one handrail or handhold that serves all treads with a height of not less than 20 inches (508 mm) above the platform or uppermost tread, whichever is higher.

2 Likes

Thats why we have insurance ,errors and emissions . your getting freaked out . let your insurance handle it

For asking the forum members if a pool railing is required?

Welcome back to our forum, David!..Enjoy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I would say yes . it should have a rail . If you go to any public or most home pools there is a handrail. I live in Florida see it a lot

1 Like

I think you misread the OP. This wasn’t something that he missed.

1 Like

What Simon said!!

WHEN I FIND SETTLING CRACKS ,I ALWAYS STATE WHAT I FIND AND RECOMMEND FURTHER EVLAUTION BY A LIC. STRUCTURAL ENGINEER . THAT WILL GET YOU OFF THE HOOK . IF THEY DON’T FOLLOW UP ITS ON THEM

yep, I do the same

For the homes that have pools and are not properly bonded and grounded, i have them look and replacing their handrails and ladders with Saftron devices.
SĀFTRON polymer rails are non-conductive. When used with SĀFTRON anchor sockets and bases, or installed directly into
the deck, no grounding/bonding is required. SĀFTRON has been tested to be non-conductive by STR Laboratories. The current NEC
code shows that SĀFTRON pool rails do not need to be grounded or bonded as the rails are sealed at the time of manufacturing.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

I only see a question about a handrail.

2 Likes