Pool pump not bonded or grounded

It’s the same as in the US but instead of 120v, it’s 127v. Voltage from both phase conductors is combined at the service where the supply bus bars are bridged by breakers. I have 129v at the house right now, but voltage fluctuates in México just like everywhere else.

I just signed up for the National Swimming Pool Foundation CPO course (prerequisite to the inspector course and certification).

[quote=“mbrooke, post:19, topic:102800”]

No, a ground rod will not do anything.

[/QUOTE]

Yes thank you Martin, I am aware of what a bond is.
No one has ever answered my original question. Did the wiring that goes to the motor have a ground or was it just two hot wires???

No ground wires anywhere on the property, including at the pump.

Two wires, one black and one white, went from the ugly panel shown to the pump. Before entering the pump, both the black and the white wire split and were spliced into two, so 4 wires entered the pump, two black and two white. Generally, wire colors mean nothing in México even though legally they are required to operate on a standard pretty much identical to the copy of the 2012 NEC I have with me.

Well, the editing feature has stopped working so I lost the 2nd photo. Here it is. Arrow shows the conductor going to the pump.

That disconnect looks safe. It will work,until you need a ground.
What a mess. I would say the issue goes well beyond no ground at the pump.

Why do you think the needs a ground to operate?

It was sarcasm Jim. I realize you don’t need a ground to make it operate. :slight_smile:

The simple solution: turn off power to the pump when I swim.