Porch using my client info even though they have been directed not to

You collect the address for the buy back and you say no one has that info including ISN??? We use to be required to log into the buy back site but that has gone away

Nothing has changed since we launched the program years ago. Yes, you have to tell us where the home is because the “We’ll Buy Your Home Back” Guarantee guarantees homes that have addresses but we don’t release those addresses, don’t release contact information, don’t release names, don’t release emails, don’t release phone numbers, and in fact, we don’t even collect names, email addresses, or phone numbers. We don’t have any way to contact anyone because we don’t collect contact information. We simply don’t collect it or have it. And no, we don’t give ISN or anyone else anything, ever.

Don’t believe me? Go here: InterNACHI’s “We’ll Buy Your Home Back” Guarantee - InterNACHI and register your sister’s home. You’ll note that you can’t enter her name, or her email address, or her phone number. You don’t have to trust InterNACHI with your client’s contact information because we don’t have it.

Its not about trusting Internachi its that I don’t trust porch or ISN. I fully understand how the buy back works I was about the 4th person to sign up when you first started the program. I understand we only enter the address no city, no names nothing but the address. Thanks to mister Google the address is all I need to find the city closet to the home inspectors address and from that I am in business to garnish more information such as phone number and buyers name.

If your going to run with the big dogs ya need to git off the PORCH;-):D:D

True. Note: We don’t release addresses to anyone and don’t collect anything else like, name, email, or phone number.

1 Like

We will see I am a dam good home inspector but also a good detective;-)

I love the ISN platform. But honestly, I hope people there jump ship and do this some place else. You can mess a good thing up and this has. Porch bought HON too. They said it happened from there. I don’t have time to keep up with programmer hacking and whether I check or uncheck something. The begging for forgiveness after you do something is only going to work for so long.

My issue is pre-Porch, the BuyBack just took was just street number and street name from ISN.

Now, post-Porch, the Buyback collects the entire address, zip code and all.

NACHi is now collected far more data than it used to with no explanation.
And it only changed when Porch got involved.

Interesting.

The Guarantee goes with the home, so we need to know where the home is. Our goal with the program is to make certain no one buys a home without the guarantee in the U.S. and Canada, so we need a full address. There is more than one home with an address that starts with “234 Elm” in North America. We don’t release those addresses, although no one would need them from us anyway as addresses of homes that are for sale, under contract, and/or have sold are public information anyway.

We don’t collect any email addresses, so we can’t release email addresses. We don’t have any.

We don’t collect names, so we can’t release names. We don’t have any.

We don’t collect phone numbers, so we can’t release phone numbers. We don’t have any.

We don’t collect inspection report information, so we can’t release information from your reports. We don’t have it.

We don’t collect information about your client, so we can’t release information about your client. We don’t have it.

1 Like

Interesting. It seems, however, that almost all of the companies that you promote and/or partner with do. Purely an analogy, of course, but isn’t this kinda like a pimp arguing that he is celibate?

“almost all???” Other than Nathan Thornberry, name some.

Perhaps we could start with the vendor to whom you have devoted this very section of your message board to promote … and to whom the topic of this thread (another vendor that you promote) is addressed to.

They are one and the same… Porch. Porch doesn’t sell data. Never did.

I think they do. I think that they sell the information about the home inspector’s clients to contractors that pay them for leads that are looking for work. That is where the evidence seems to point, anyway. “With Porch you only pay for the leads you receive.” Lead brokers, Nick. It’s how they are paid.

Porch is the contractor. They either hire contractors or employ them to do the work. Porch doesn’t sell consumer data, they respond to consumer requests.

In our industry, there are only two sellers of consumer information that I am aware of. The second largest is Nathan. He actually re-sells consumer information.

Do you know who the largest seller of consumer information is?

Porch is a lead broker. They harvest data from home inspectors, process it, and sell it to contractors who agree to pay them for each lead they provide. I understand they are exploring the possibility of selling fart candles, too. It’s a lead broker kinda thing, you know. :wink:

By the way, I formed a roofing business about an hour ago. I filled out a profile for Porch, hit “send”, and they immediately offered me two leads to buy from them for roofing jobs. They neither contracted with me or employed me to do the work before offering to sell me a lead for a roof installation for $62.50 and a lead to fix a skylight for $10. If I pay them for the leads I can contact the customer and set up the job.

BTW, I have since dissolved my one-hour old roofing business. I have never installed one and decided it might be a bit dangerous for me to train for this, so late in my life. Thus, I decided not to buy the leads from them.

Lead brokers, Nick. That’s all they are … but then, you know that.:wink:

And who is selling them information about bad roofs?

Who knows? Home inspectors are only one source of many, I’m sure.

BTW, I just got an email from Porch offering me $100 worth of “free leads” if I give them my credit card number. LOL

Porch is not actually a contractor more like a middle man/pimp. All they do is transfer leads from potential customers to actual contractors/entrepreneurs and let the customer choose and pay who they hire. They do Not screen these contractors. Anyone can claim to be able to do any type of job without any proof.

As Jim has stated the contractors pay Porch for these potential leads/jobs.

I get that.

But that’s not how it used to be.

It used to be “234 Elm” street was enough.

The change corresponded to when Porch got involved.

Seems a little too timely to just be a coincidence.

Though more recently my problem is ISN and the Buyback keep having an error msg, and ISN keeps telling me I need to re-sign up for the BB. And when I do, I get the sales pitch from Porch.

Once, I understand, but this is the 3rd time I’ve gotten this error, and the 2nd time in just one week.