Possible to get a Level III without ever having done a fee-paid IR inspection?

Aside from all of John’s bull s h i t …

The answer to the OP’s question is No.

The “real” certification for IR requires in the field experience (25% of your work) prior to taking Lvl III.

Yes. there are trainers like Mckenna Certification that pays no attention (nor do most home inspectors) to this requirement. So, if this was not required of you, your likely not as “qualified” as you think you are (or will be).

ASNT SNT-TC-1A

On a side note, Infraspection has this course which I personally recommend FOR HOME INSPECTORS: http://www.nachi.org/documents2012/InterNACHI-Partners-with-Infraspection-for-Training-1.pdf

Can someone be qualified to do IR home inspections and not be a Level III thermographer?

YES.

Therefore whatever is required of them is a non-issue and has no bearing on who is qualified or not to do an IR home inspection.

To say someone is not qualified to do IR home inspections because they have not met some Level III conditions does not apply to reality.

I agree.

You would you piece of crap vendor with support of the “vendor of the year” and the master of Marketing, MR. G.

Look it up you idiots, that say “yes”. And present your proof beyond being a legend in your own minds!

I cannot wait to get to become a certified infrared thermographer. That level stuff is just another teachers ploy to sell more courses. I trust Nick would not reccomend something for inspectors that would not help us. I know him to be an honest and generous person who ALWAYS looks out for inspectors best interests :slight_smile:

Do you get “blinders” with Free CMI “Certification”?

Do as you wish I know what course i’m taking and will be using if I decide to offer the service.

Another Slack Jawed Yokel.

Mike, let me say this, education has no boundaries.
Each course offers it’s unique educational platform and each educator differ in style.
I will say for the record, levels I, II and III are beatifically recognized beyond a narrow scope and the certified educator at ARMS LENGTH to vendors and recognized around the world.
As you put it and rightly so, if you feel your market place well allow you a share and it beneficial to you business then move on up the ladder.

There is no need for the name calling or despairing remarks at colleagues, fellow members and yes vendors on the message board.
Everyone here should recognize and applaud anyone getting ahead in this industry.
Get a life and go pick on some grade school kids or join the Slack Jawed Yokels society of em bread family members.
Get a life and leave it alone already.

Wrong!

The boundary of education is comprehension. Good education in the mind of an idiot is hazardous to others health. You of all people should know this as evidenced by many of your posts!

So you think that it’s OK to fleece the inspection community so long as they are getting “Ahead”?!

You think it is improper to warn or remind the membership of the potential flaws in some of these programs and actions by a few unscrupulous vendors?

SO now it’s our fault? It’s ok to screw people and chastise those that speak out against unethical practice?

Love the words like fleece.
Leave your panties off at the door.
Geese Louise show the proof before slandering, YES SLANDERING a fellow member.
You just broke your own COE. You can hand Nick your resignation any time.

I have been presenting proof for seven years Sir!

It’s only slander if it’s not true.

If Nick wants it he can come and get it.

Now let me get this correct guys.:roll:
I am learning remember. :roll:
I want to be as astute and morally correct as you.:slight_smile:

I can’t wait until I finish my Infraspecdtion course and start slamming John.

Now me thinks you can bring it further than that.
When your child passes first second grade, have them all slam the first grade teachers. every-time they learn more go to the past educator and slander them.

I hope I have it correct. I am wanting to be morally complete JUST LIKE YOU.

If you did not pay as much as others and get specialty training just for your type of biz I guess you a fleecing folks…Yeah right.

Sounds like sour grapes to me :slight_smile: I can’t wait to flaunt my Certified Infrared Thermographer Status :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I’ll have more titles then I know what to do with some day.

I’d bet that you would ***** up a storm if your kids first grade teacher only went to kindergarten! Never completed any continuing education, and does not conform to existing professional standards.

But then, it might not bother you. If not keep your opinion to yourself. No one asked your opinion.

If you ever get to meet Jim, maybe you can discuss John.

You see, I’m one of the few level III thermographers out there that don’t sell training. But I will guarantee every single one of the big boys know and have an opinion of what John is doing.

hopefully by the time you collect all of those Boy Scout merit badges you will come to realize something about something. Somebody gave you three free initials and you think your opinion matters?

I would hope that your ability to perform would exceed any pile of merit badges you could collect.

Great thing is that clients will appreciate our certified status and that’s all that matters to me.
I never have ever cared what other inspectors think. Especially ones who feel they payed to much :slight_smile: