pre listed inspections

Originally Posted By: bfordyce
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

icon_confused.gif I have been approached by realtors to do pre listed inspections. Does anyone have info regarding these type of inspections? Like what to charge and how long to make inspection good for?

?

Originally Posted By: rgallahorn

I do them occasionally, I offer the client (the seller and seller only) a discount only if the major appliances are not included in the inspection (disclaimed in the report). The typical tail light warrenty applies.

Originally Posted By: bsmith

I usually approach my pre-listings just as I would my pre-sale inspections. Same price, same time frame. You can really get nit-picky with them just to CYA. I don’t want another inspector finding something that I didn’t.

I also offer a basic 5 point (Roof, Structure, Electrical, Plumbing, Heating) pre-listing that costs less and takes much less time. For these inspections I just cover the so called "deal breaker" items.

--
Bill Smith
www.SmithHomeInspection.com
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." A. Einstien

Originally Posted By: aberdahl

Do you have a copy of this type of report? Or, do you make this up from your software you use?

Thanks

Originally Posted By: rgallahorn

Just do your normal inspection and report, as previously stated you may even want to pay extra attention to detail because the likelihood is high you will have another inspector follow behind you after the sale and if you miss something, you will hear about it and your reputation will suffer.

Reporting is the same, just add the comments "item not inspected per customers request" for any item omitted for cost savings.

Originally Posted By: rcooke

bfordyce wrote:
![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif) I have been approached by realtors to do pre listed inspections. Does anyone have info regarding these type of inspections? Like what to charge and how long to make inspection good for?
?

Please go to my web site for the way I do them . I also feel your liability is a lot less because you are doing the inspection for the owner who knows much about their home .

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com