Pricing for home inspections

Is there a formula for pricing inspections? I’m working on pricing I need all the help I can get.
Thanks in advance

First… you need to know ALL your costs/expenses. (Trust me, there are a lot more than you think)!

1 Like

2nd or 3rd topic on this today

2 Likes

Perhaps I shoulda’ gave him three different answers!! :wink:

5 Likes

$99.99 and up…Save Now! :star_struck:

5 Likes

Oh lookie, I found a similar thread.

https://forum.nachi.org/t/home-inspections-prices/214455?u=bcawhern1

1 Like

Thanks to all the positive answers so far

1 Like

Wow very cynical replies. Truth is look at the market you are in and ask realtors what they think. I’m sure some smart man has an algorithm but initially look at the market, go lowish, be fabulous. After that you’ll work out your price.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, how would most price an inspection I did this week.

Some background on my area; Semi rural, with a lot of second homes, summer homes because of the recreational lake. Cabins and vacation rentals. Approximately 12k full time residents in the county. Inventory is very low after the past 2 year frenzy.

Subject property:
2/1 frame built on slab on grad in 2018.
One level, 984 sq. ft.
No garage, out buildings, etc.
Low slope roof, no fireplace.
No views, very simple.
Less than 5 miles to subject property
Client is retired military.

I know other factors may be considered, but what is your thoughts on a initial qoute?

Retired military near by. I would probably do $350-$375 cash.

2 Likes

Not a reasonable question. The answer is location specific.

1 Like

Thank u
This is a good answer

Ok the area is New York State, Westchester
NYC , Connecticut area

Www.google.com now I’m cynical.

True. That’s why I gave a scenario of my area and specifically, Hiawassee GA. Feel free to research.

You’re right. I think the cynical replies have come from the fact he posted the same question 3 different ways, starting 3 different threads.

2 Likes

I think the $350 mark is reasonable. In and out in two hours.

2 Likes

Man walks into a realtors office. Late morning. He says look (he’s nervous) I’m a new home inspector to the area. How much are you guys paying, I’m just asking".

Man does this 3 times. Hard work. But surprisingly enjoyable.

That’s the first mistake.

5 Likes