I have a question. One of my inspectors did a home inspection in Kentucky. The client (home buyer) after moving in needed here prpain tank filled. She was told by the gas company that her tank was 2’ from her heat pump. Has anyone got information on what the requirement would be. i have never heard of this and I have been in the business since 1991.Thanks for your help.
Is that why you are calling it a propain tank instead of a propane tank?
I found the following that may help as a guide.
I’ve got a colored version of Ralph’s link, for more clarity…
“click to Enlarge”
For proper delivery service, a tank should not be installed more than 80 feet from your driveway. This helps alleviate any problems of reaching the tank during the winter season.
All propane tanks must be:
- a minimum of 10 feet from any part of a structure, deck, storage shed, property line, air conditioning unit, electric meter, or any source of ignition.
- a maximum of 80 feet from a driveway.
An underground propane tank must be:
- located in an area free of vehicular traffic and snow plowing in order to protect the dome of the tank.
- installed in an area 12’L x 5’W x 5’D (500 gallon)
- installed in an area 18’L x 5’W x 5’D (1000 gallon)
Great picture a saver for sure thanks … Cookie
I had the colored one also, but posted the other one because it identifies the four notes whereas the colored one doesn’t. Either way, looks like good reference.