Prospecting for Future InterNACHI Members

Wendy,
I’m sure you know that without NACHI members paying thier annual dues, you wouldn’t be able to get the benefits that you do. A non profit organization needs funds to operate, but those funds are solely directed back to its members. I was not aware that InterNACHI membership was free when we all signed up to be NACHI members, but I will say that it’s great to tout free membership in an organization that is was not being operated!? The $50 fee is enough to get the organization developing benefits for its members. You’re right, $50 is not much so I’ll expect you’re check in the next week or so! lol
I hope this answers you’re question.

Regards,

Thanks for communicationg this point Nick. Hope all is well.

I’m gonna guess that this part is the response to my post asking for a list of the benefits. The way I read that is that there are no benefits at this time. Kind of makes that $50 look a lot bigger.

-( I dunno Dale…I be thinking about it… :wink: … get us that list of bennies k? We’re all too lazy to email you individual like. And you really don’t want all that email in your box now do you?:shock: :twisted:

Thank You Dale for being as forthcoming as possible with what little information there seems to be at this time. I look forward to reading your posts as things develop.

Here are some of the introductory benefits.

1. Expanded message board to communincate with inspectors worldwide.

2. FREE Continuing Education!!!

3. FREE Marketing and Business Success Tips!!!

4. FREE InterNACHI logo use and literature for your business!!!

5. Discounts, Discounts, Discounts!!!

6. FREE Link Exchange!!!

7. In sync with your existing NACHI membership.

Lots more will follow. “Without You, There is no US!”

Regards,

Aren’t those all the benefits we have through NACHI?

I guess I don’t understand.

So are all of the inspectors who are using the InterNachi logo already because they maybe thought they had use of it with their NACHI membership, in violation? Do they have to remove the logo now unless they pay the $50?

Is someone going to police it?

If it is policed, it will be one of the few (maybe only?) things that is regarding such use.

I think the idea is that it is like NACHI but more geared to outside-the-US participation…but I guess that remians to be seen Having no clients outside the US, I suppose I am not a probable target for this new org.

Is there a mission statement or (gasp!) a strategic organizational plan for internachi?

I found the following at http://www.nachi.org/logosealtaglineusagepolicy.htm
We already have all of those benefits,

InterNACHI logo.
[INDENT]Usage: The InterNACHI logo may be used by any NACHI member in good standing as all NACHI members are also InterNACHI members.

Notes: “InterNACHI” and “International Association of Certified Home Inspectors” are Trademarked. There is no need for members to seek additional written permission from NACHI or InterNACHI.

Site: http://www.nachi.org/internachilogo.htm
[/INDENT]

Please read the beginning of this thread or the other one. Not sure.

Those were the points I was bringing up. Now we are being told that NO we cannot use it without paying the fee.

Hence my question, is someone going to go around and make everyone take down the logos now and police whether or not they paid the fee?

This is messed up. It’s another money grab. Sorry…but that’s just the way it looks. :frowning:

It was once said by Nick himself I do belive (could be wrong) that every member of NACHI is automatically a member of Internachi. Look it up.

As I am thinking about it I belive it is on this new BB as well as in the archives.

yes, that is what is posted above.

That’s why this is so confusing.

No extra NEW benefits, charging for something we already have, sounds suspicious.

New owners, new rules.

It’s not like everything has been hashed out yet. If you have faith in NACHI thenwait and see. I believe that INTERNACHI will surpass my expectations in a short amount of time. Be optimistic. One benefit for me will be better representation for us Canadians. CAHPI will be wishing that they have half the members that we do in 2 years. Have faith. Aimee has done us proud so far and will continue to do so.
INTERNACHI
OR
BUST
Todd

snakeoil.gif

I think that the point here is that we are all members of Internachi already and the benefits will be automatically accorded to us with membership in Nachi. While I agree that a Canadian identity is required in Nachi I believe that with leadership focusing on Canada is the answer. With the Convention coming to Toronto next May and most of the work already done by Tyrone Wheeler and Deanna Willis as well as the group that was asked to help out with the Convention I have to focus my help and support behind NACHI CANADA and see what happens.
Larry

I am also wondering where the “More to follow” is. The anticipated posting by Aimee after the Memorial Day Weekend didn’t materialize.

John, do you mean that figuratively or literally? If Nick doesn’t own InterNACHI (if he sold it off or something) then who does?

Mr. Bob Brown, Ms. Helen Jeffrey, and Ms. Aimee Jalowsky, literally. Great group with great plans.

Well said Todd. Thanks for the support. It looks as if some are missing the point on “additional benefits”. Yes, you have all of these benefits through NACHI, but only to a certain degree. Don’t you think it would be nice if you had room to improve on what you already have?