Puzzled me

How about you Scott G , Chuck E or Dave A. you guys have been upgrading your training figure this one out

These spots were on a interior wall and had me scratching my head for a bit as mechanical is my strong suit not structural they made little to no sense. All Windows were covered no sunlight was getting to the interior nothing to create reflections and no Photo shop

What style of building, framing?
What was the temp of the room on the other side of the wall?
Did the spots occur on the other side of the partition wall also?
Holes appear to be equally spaced…what was the distance between warm spots?
Is there an insulated attic over this wall?

Nothing special about this home just a rectangular box as many were coming out of WW 2 we call them shotgun houses can shoot thru the front door and out the back without hitting anything:D:D

Charley,

Those are pre-mfg holes built-in to lift the wall structure onto rail cars or flat bed trailors back in the 40’s and 50’s. since most were only 12 to 14 ft. wide the holes were positioned in the center wall or in close proximity…

Here is a link to OSU about them… http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/S/SH028.html

Nice link Pat but not the case here I have the answer

My guess is they filled the walls with blown in or dense pack cellulose. When they patched them they just used some sort of plug instead of doing it right?

JJ

I had a similar image in the exterior of a building, one circular hot spot. It was caused by light on the weather wall interior of a stairwell. Not the answer here but the thought might help.

I was thinking the same thing but he said:

Larry, they may have still filled the wall for “sound proofing”.

Yes, good point. :slight_smile:

The interior wall statement was meant to mislead you as the interior wall was what was bothering me. Yes the holes where drilled at the top of all interior and exterior walls and insulation was added after the fact I did not ask the type of insulation I assumed it was liquid due to the size of the holes. There was no visible evidence that the holes had ever been cut the patches were very professionally covered.

Sometimes when something makes no sense one just has to ask the right questions. I let the lady of the house view my camera and she said immediately Oh that is where my husband added insulation

You old dogs are just to good I will have to find something a little more complicated:D:D:D

holes for UFFI foam…

Didn’t they teach you how to use that focus ring in some of that training you got? Maybe it’s time to mount that camera on a tripod.

LOL…just busting stones Charlie!

Hey Buddy no ring on my camera you need to come out of the stone ages I will see you on the 13th bring that old dinosaur I would like to see it :D:D

Sorry, I was late to get to this one. I was thinking retro blown in insulation due to the placement and relative size of the holes (top of wall, centered in each stud bay). You’ll just have to take my word for it :mrgreen:

Hi Chuck I would take your word for most anything but your being from Tx poses a problem???;-):wink: see ya monday

LOL - Would it be better or worse if I told you I came to TX from NJ?

Look forward to seeing you again.

OMG a Txankee:shock::smiley: