Question about the test...

Originally Posted By: Aaron Rosenbaum
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

By double traps, do you mean under a sink where each bay has its own trap. I can’t really remember what the “Master Plumber” I work with said about them, but I think it was in the vacinity of it can get clogged faster if stuff is going down both drains at the same time…

It was a while ago, but it makes sense...

Originally Posted By: cnelson

I was wondering how NACHI’s exam compares to the National Home Inspector Examination presented by the EBPHI?

Thanks
Chad

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Chad

That is a difficult question to answer, but here’s a stab at it icon_biggrin.gif

If you were to think of NHIE as a 10, I would think that our current question base would make our exam about a 7-8. I would expect that anyone scoring in the mid 90's on our exam to be able to pass NHIE. Having said that I'm currently writting some new exam questions that we will be adding to the pool which will be more in keeping with the style and topics covered by NHIE.

I hope that helps

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Chad,

I have consistently scored between 92 and 96 on the NACHI test, and I had to take the NHIE to get the local county home inspector license. I studied a little, and passed the NHIE easily. I find the NACHI exam easier, because of the give away questions. I didn't find any give away questions on the NHIE, and the questions from the terrible drawings were real fun ![eusa_wall.gif](upload://hILV5Z8gRVLwzVpRIDJEm01uB52.gif)

Blaine