Question of the Week 06/05/16

OK Plumbing Experts

Rules:
All parts of the question must be answered in one post.
Editing your post will not be allowed.
One try allowed per member.

First correct answer (as judged by the Award committee or Poster of the Question) wins.
The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file.
Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

Here are the questions:

**1. The size of the sewer pipe should be equal to the size of the vent pipe through the roof. T/F

1. You are only allowed up to 8 fixtures on a 2" vent pipe? T/F

2. Drain- waste and vent pipes can be tapped if air gap is 6" above flood level? T/F

3. You can combine separate vents of smaller size to equal the sewer vent size? T/F**

BONUS QUESTION:
The Mariana Trench, the deepest known part of the earths oceans was affectionately called the Plumbers Crack by Jacques Cousteau? T/F

GOOD LUCK>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PS: I edited the title as I had QOTD instead of QOTW. paul

f
f
f
t

F
f
f
f

You lose :mrgreen::mrgreen:

This.

Go back to the horsey barn Buddy :mrgreen:

Answer the bonus question Kenn.

1. F
  2. F
  3. F
  4. T

Bonus: F

F, f, t, t,…f

More trick questions?

Good questions Paul. I got some wrong too! We all learn something every week.

F
f
f
f
f

t
f
t
t
t

F
f
f
t
t

t
t,
t,
t,
t

F
F
F
F

Bonus T

Guess everyone has forgot or gave up. :wink:

Maybe have all the books they need. :slight_smile:

Someone will get it. I missed it by one. No cigar though. :wink:

1. The size of the sewer pipe should be equal to the size of the vent pipe through the roof. T/F
False - The aggregate size of the vents must be equal to the largest sewer connection, but the sewer need not be as big as the aggregate vent size (UPC 904.1)

2. You are only allowed up to 8 fixtures on a 2" vent pipe? T/F
False. Capacity is determined by fixture units. A lavatory sink is only one fixture units

3. Drain- waste and vent pipes can be tapped if air gap is 6" above flood level? T/F
True. If by “tapped” you mean connection between them

4. You can combine separate vents of smaller size to equal the sewer vent size? T/F
True. to satisfy the aggregate vent size requirement to be at least the same as the largest sewer connection from UPC 904.1 (we are talking logically vs physically combining them)

Boner question is: Um False.

Exactly

Not yet!

All the questions are from a reliable source and when were done I will provide the questions and the accepted answers.
In other words, name my source.

F
f
t
t
t