Question of the Week-starting 4/26/15

Where the dryer exhaust duct is hidden within the building construction, what shall be permanently affixed and located within how many feet of the exhaust duct connection and why?

There are 3 parts to this question. ALL parts must be answered correctly. :slight_smile:

This is how it works: http://www.nachi.org/forum/f25/new-a...n-week-100380/

Larry
and the Awards Committee

A booster fan if run is more than 25 feet, but must be within 15 feet of outlet/vent. This helps with any verticle rises.

If mounted and closer than recommended, it may create enough pressure to lift or pull wet lint into the fan impeller, resulting in excessive lint loading in the fan

But my Other Final answer is this:

The maximum length of the exhaust duct does not include the transition duct. If the exhaust duct is concealed within the building’s construction, the length of the exhaust duct should be identified on a permanent label or tag located within 6 feet of the exhaust duct connection.

If the exhaust duct is concealed within the building’s construction, the length of the exhaust duct should be identified on a permanent label or tag located within 6 feet of the exhaust duct connection.

1. The length of the exhaust duct
  2. within 6 feet of the exhaust duck connection
  3. so we know how long it is

Note: Mark you beat me to it lol

But why the tag? I would say (can’t really find) it helps in cleaning/ servicing/ verification of the length.

Already been answered.
If the exhaust duct is concealed within the building’s construction, the length of the exhaust duct should be identified on a permanent label or tag located within 6 feet of the exhaust duct connection.

Please do not edit your posts as the Awards Committee can see that time stamp in the edited post…it just makes our sorting it out more cumbersome.

Carry on…:smiley:

Where the dryer exhaust duct is hidden within the building construction, what shall be permanently affixed and located within how many feet of the exhaust duct connection and why?

There are 3 parts to this question. ALL parts must be answered correctly in one post.

The maximum length of the exhaust duct does not include the transition duct. If the exhaust duct is concealed within the building’s construction, the length of the exhaust duct should be identified on a permanent label or tag located within 6 feet of the exhaust duct connection, so the length in known.

Mr. Mark Glowczynski wins!

Your prize will be sent to the address that InterNACHI has on file for you.

See: http://publicecodes.cyberregs.com/ic…_15_sec002.htm M1502.4.5

Scroll down…

Larry and the Awards Committee

Woo Hoo!

Thanks to everyone at InterNachi. Never stop learning, especially when so much information is to be had here.

Good job Mark!

Received a box full o’ stuff today!!

THANKS INTERNACHI!!!

Yes I was talking loudly.