Question to all the New Home Inspectors: How many inspections do you perform a month?

Being a first year business is hard. How many inspections do you currently get? How did you get them?

350 inspections. $99.00 for any sized home and $50 for radon testing!

2 Likes

Alan, its guys like you that ruin it for the rest of us. I guess you do not value your business that high.

11 Likes

Actually, Alan is a bit on the expensive side, I knock them out for $69.95 a house but I do them remotely and no radon here. We do 2-way video call, you walk around and I inspect. When agents heard my price, they were instantly sold.

2 Likes

During my first year in business I averaged between 5-10/month during the summer months and probably 1-3 winter months.

Edit* I meant 5-10/week and 1-3/week.

1 Like

I like your thinking!

I’m expanding to Middlsex County next month!

1 Like

I average 10-15 a month. I only book one per day as I usually do larger homes 3000 Sq foot plus. I am not the cheapest, probably one of the more expensive ones.
When a client is making probably the largest purchase of his life, why would he what a discount inspection?

10 Likes

3 Likes

< 18 to 20. Condo to investment property. Not only sales. Ancillary inspections. Condo associations. Etc.
Not the cheapest as I have been told.

Alan. 350 inspections @ $99.00. 15 page report. Copy paste with canned narratives? Wow.
Just my opinion but, you discredit our wonderful profession.

7 Likes

I smell BS, unless you have 3 or 4 minimum wage “inspectors” working for you.

350 per month is more than 11 inspections per day. That is not possible.

4 Likes

Earl Scheib painted my 63 falcon in high school!

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

I did 114 my first year and most came from Home Advisor.

1 Like

Kurt how much did the average per lead end up costing? How much did you charge per inspection on the Home Advisor ones?
Thanks

Even after 15 years of being an inspector, I average 6-8 inspections a month. I live in a rural area where sales are few and far between. It depends on where you are located.

1 Like

First month 6
Second month 10
Third month 14
Fourth month 20
Every month since 20+ inspections

No paid advertising, just word of mouth. I build relationships with the realtors, they refer me.

6 Likes

Which is why the question is meaningless and useless.

1 Like

$99.00?? $69.00?? Please leave the inspection business right now, and do the world a favor. Go back to flipping burgers somewhere. You are a disgrace.

13 Likes

Thank you for your supporting comments!