Questions of the week 07/26/16

Get your civil engineer hats on, more concrete questions.
Question of the week introduction:**

A member of the Award Committee will post a question, at a random day/time.

A competing members winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in one post. Editing your answer(s) will result in disqualification. Also, winning more than once in 31 days will result in disqualification. We would like many members to have a chance to win…Thank you for understanding.

First correct answer (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Question) wins.

The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.

Courtesy of Nick Gromicko.

Winners of the Question of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

NOW THE QUESTIONS:

1. In concrete structures normal maximum aggregate sizes are adopted with ranges from 10mm to 20mm. Does an increase of maximum aggregate size benefit the structure? Y/ N

2. There are 3 type of concrete slumps when conducting slump tests, which of these terms is not used.
    A. Collapse slump
    B. Shear slump
    C. Coned slump
    D. Drop slump

3. Which is not a component of a typical concrete expansion joint?

A. Joint sealant
B. Dowel bar
C. Breaker tape
D. Expansion shimmers

1. What is/ are the major problems in using pumping for concrete work?

A. Segregation of water and concrete
B. Uneven air entrapment of concrete
C. Much faster setting times
D. All of the above

Good luck inspectors;-)

1. yes
  2. d
  3. d
  4. d

No
d
d
d

Yes
d
b
d

Yes
D
D
A

I guess LES is the winner.

Yes
C
D
D

Why?

he has the right answer

N, c, c, d

N, c, c, a&b

Yes
D
C
D

Wrong :wink:

Go get 'em guys…:slight_smile:

No correct answer yet.

I’ll give you a hint, Brian is closest.

As a side note, these are questions that have a professional source that can be verified but on the other hand you may find a professional who disagrees.

With Google offering thousands of sources I understand its sometimes easy to argue the question. This (QOTW) is meant as fun and educationional and I expect arguments, but understand, I will be prepared to defend my questions.

Thanks

:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Bump

getting warm. :wink:

Everyone must have enough free books shipped to them already…

No
C
C
A
I need some more books :lol:

Y
c
c
a