Questions Of The Week ~ July 21 2019

**** Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week!

Please read the Introduction and requirements, changes may have been made.

A member of the Awards Committee will post questions, at a random day/time.

Eligible members may make one post per question thread to answer the questions, and the eligible member’s winning entry must have all parts of the questions answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification.

First correct answers (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions) wins.
The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.
Winners of the Questions of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.

GOOD LUCK! ~ GO! :cowboy_hat_face:

1. The tendency of wind to dislodge objects from a building is called

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
2) Chemicals with objectionable tastes or smells for effective woodpecker prevention/exclusion
a) PCP ~ pentachlorophenol
b) Creosote
c) Naphthalene
d) Wood preservatives
e) a-b
f) c-d
g) none
h) Roy Lewis Famous BBQ Sauce

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
3) There are ___ components to afford protection from lightning strikes, however there are ___ elements

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
4) The force of foundation against the soil is known as

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
5) What obsolete circuit breaker has a thermal breaker design with no magnetic trip mechanism?

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
EXTRA CREDIT
Well… … … here we go!
Please give it a shot if you have answered the others first to receive a special extra credit gift :smiley:
What artist/song?
Just one more night to get through

:laughing:

Good questions Marc! I’ll take a shot at it.

1. A strong belch
  2. Gun powder and the base chemical of lead
  3. Wet toilet paper on your shoe dragging the ground
  4. Aww Chit Force
  5. The copper penny
  6. Grim Reaper singing the marriage song

How did I do??

1 Like

Mr. Scanlan you know darn well each one of those are wrong. You better get in the corner with the dunce cone on your head before the school Marm gets back or your knuckles are going to be sore… :laughing:

1 Like
  1. negative pressure
  2. e
  3. 3 components - 5 elements
  4. A dead (or imposed) load
  5. A thermal breaker with a bimetallic strip

XTR) Phil Collins - One More Night

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Well Jacob! This time you have 1 correct… BUT because you have answered the others first AND then a music answer, you will receive a special extra credit gift :smiley:
**Any eligible member that legitimately does all can also get this extra gift… . . …

Shucks I thought I got at least one right? OK I’ve gone head to head already with Sister Mary Elephant and don’t want no more so I am headed to the corner. :raising_hand_man:

Wait, so i won the prize and the extra gift or just the extra gift?
And not that I want to argue that I got more than 1 right but I’m blown away that I only got one right if that’s the case haha. I want to see these answers!

Please read the “EXTRA CREDIT direction” above.
Now tell us what you won. … …

You’re welcome to present your argument of answers for discussion, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. It helps us all.
I’m sure they will not be negative, DUMB & “goofy”. :wink:

I pm’d you.

Nice questions Marc! Thanks for you time.
Ok! I have study the questions and believe I have them all correct, but going to wait and let others try and win before I post mine.
I’d give my books any anyway.
Good luck Brothers…

1 Like

You are a good sport. :rofl:

1. Clean off effect.
  2. g
  3. 4, 5
  4. Bearing pressure
  5. Pushmatic & Bulldog

1- Clean off effect

2- G

3- 4-5

4- Bearing pressure

5- Pushmatic

As already stated ten days ago cab driver goofy is not eligible, please be advised not to copy anything he posts here

I didn’t 5 is different.

1 Like

1- Clean off effect
2- G
3- 4-5
4-:thinking: Bearing pressure
5- Bimetal switch and an electromagnet.

Theodore!
Ya wanna try to answer the extra credit?
You are OK to re-submit if you want to.
It will be worth it. :cowboy_hat_face:

One More Night

Phil Collins

“One More Night” by Phil Collins.
Good try but not the answer.

That song does not have the lyric " Just one more night to get through"
:grin: