Questions Of The Week July 9

**** Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week!

Please read the Introduction and requirements, changes may have been made.

A member of the Awards Committee will post questions, at a random day/time.

The competing member and “ Sir Roy ” may make one post per question thread to answer the questions and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the questions answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.

Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification.
Since I’ve seen so very many new members here, you are eligible if you have been a member for less than five years or are Sir Roy. I may open to all if no winner.

First correct answers (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions) wins.
The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file. Make sure your Address on File with Inachi is correct.
Winners of the Questions of The Week shall request their prize by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.
Allow 2 weeks for delivery.

GOOD LUCK! ~ GO! :cowboy_hat_face:

1. Electric charge is carried by _______

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
2) The average resistance of the human body, once electricity starts to flow through it and the blood stream ionizes, is about _______ from hand to hand

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
3) I am a seed. In my center is a tiny plant embryo, a life form in its earliest phase.
I usually end up getting hot! What am I?

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
4) There are _______ types of erosion
One type is mass movement, where there are _____ different types classified

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
5) Barriers made of compacted granules of rock are called

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
EXTRA CREDIT ~ now after you’ve answered the above, how about:
WHO sang this is WHAT SONG?
Do you think she loves you? Do you think at all?

Nice questions, Marc!

Thanks! :smile: :cowboy_hat_face: :sunglasses:

can non member guests answer? I am getting ready to start my newest venture but still edumacating myself

No, but when you are a member you can. :grin:

http://co.nachi.org/inachiawards/inachiawards1340.html
“A competing member may make one post per question thread to answer the question and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the question answered completely in that one post.”

Hi Steven & welcome!
The prize is a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books”.
You must be a member on file to have the books shipped to you.
So… unfortunately not eligible, although I hope you follow this & then after the answers are given (with hopefully a winner) we surely invite your comments & discussion! :cowboy_hat_face:

no problem I will continue lurking

You’ll get here soon! :smile: Lurk on!

Thank you Larry and Marc… I am just beginning the process. As I am getting ready to move south after one of my houses up here sells. Currently I am an Associate Broker for the past 10 years and when I move I am switching over to the inspection side. I have an inspector here that I have a ton of work with that will be showing me the ropes while I am still here.

1. Electrons and Protons within an atom
  2. 500 Ohms
  3. Prairie Grass
  4. Four types of erosion. Four different classes of mass movement.
  5. Berm

Bluebird by Buffalo Springfield

Let me know when you open it up.

1. negative charge is carried by electrons, and positive charge is carried by the protons.
  2. 300-1,000 Ohms.
  3. zygote
  4. 4 types of erosion - 4 classifications of mass movement
  5. Contour barriers
  1. Electric charge is carried by protons and electrons.

2. The IEC gives the following average values for the total body impedance of a hand to hand circuit for dry skin, large contact areas, 50 Hz AC currents based on the amount of volts (a variable your question critically ignores): @ 25V -3,250 Ω, @100 V - 1,875 Ω, @ 220 V - 1,000 Ω. and @ 1000 V -1,050 Ω

3, A popcorn kernel?

1. Erosion is generally divided into water erosion, glacial erosion, snow erosion, wind (aeolic) erosion, zoogenic erosion, and anthropogenic erosion ( six types).
    One type is mass movement, where there are 4 different types classified as falls, slides, creeps and flows.

2. Barriers made of compacted granules of rock are called Fill dams

1- Subatomic particles
2- 500 Ohms
3- Popcorn
4- 5-5
5- Termite barrier

Bluebird by Buffalo Springfield

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like
  1. Electrons
  2. 1000 Ohms
  3. Popcorn
  4. Three (Wind, Water, Glacial) Four classes of mass movement.
  5. Gabion

Wow! You are totally wrong…
Would you like to post some QOTY week …week in and week out?
You alway disqualify yourself with your answers…
Question 2 was asking for omh’s…
It required a simple answer,…but here you are…

“The IEC gives the following average values for the total body impedance of a hand to hand circuit for dry skin, large contact areas, 50 Hz AC currents based on the amount of volts (a variable your question critically ignores): @ 25V -3,250 Ω, @100 V - 1,875 Ω, @ 220 V - 1,000 Ω. and @ 1000 V -1,050 Ω”

Blockquote
What was you flippin’ answer? Hell! I couldn’t make head to tail out if it,…
You really need to get a grip on logical answers and not try to make yourself look smart.
It ain’t working for you…nope!

1 Like

Marc is not propagating false information, you are trying to hard to come up with scientific information and technical information to prove him wrong when a simple answer in everyone’s mind is a simple one.
“As water cools from 4 to 0 degrees Celsius, it expands because it’s crystallizing into ice.”
Without going to the lab, it expands. Simple answer.
Marc goes through extensive labor, Free I Might Add, and out of his way to help everyone here learn new things and help all to do there own research that also helps them in their inspection needs. There is no room here for insults to the people that put this together.
The answers on Google can vary dramatically all depending on how you request and type in the questions.
There is no need to get upset on your incorrect answers and insulting the Member posting the questions.
The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final authority of issuance of any award the committee offers.

If you have a problem with the answers to the questions, it can be brought to our attention in a Gentleman way and we will address it appropriately.

Thanks and continue to participate when possible.

1 Like

Thank you Marcel for you thoughtful response.

Disqualification:
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification

Any participant(s) disruption from the committee moving forward in a positive manner will result in a disqualification of the participant(s)

Larry Kage, CMIlkageCertified Master Inspector
Please read post 18 & 19 here: Questions Of The Week May 28, 2018