Questions Of The Week February 17

Welcome To Questions of The Week!

A member of the Awards Committee will post questions at random.

Members may make one post per question thread to answer the questions, and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the questions answered completely in that one post.

No editing is allowed and INELIGIBLE members will be disqualified.

First correct answers (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions) wins.

Request your choice by emailing fastreply@nachi.org and submitting your Mailing address for shipping.

Choose your prize from the following list!:

** $50.00 gift certificate from Inspector Outlet

** Case of books “Now That You’ve Had A Home Inspection

**ID Police: Identity Protection Roller

GOOD LUCK!

1. If electrical work does not meet government safety standards, it is “not up to” what?
    a) Amps
    b) Hoyle
    c) Code
    d) Tome

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
2) Is There A Difference Between A Fuse And A Circuit Breaker?
a) YES - explain
b) NO - explain

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
3) With over 15,000 known species, the most multi-cell animal is
a) Roundworm
b) aphid
c) nematode
d) OJ Simpson

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
4) WHAT should you do if you’re out on the street & you hair stands on end?

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
5) Which of these metals has the highest conductivity?
a) Gold
b) Silver
c) Copper
d) Brass

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
Extra Credit!
WHO sang this on WHAT song?
(the answer is on this thread thanks to the OP creator @rbleich )
The Music Game

Now I’m selling dope

8 Likes

Great questions, Marc. :+1: :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks for doing these, Marc!

Many enjoy the challenge… :+1:

7 Likes

CODE

Does that disqualify me as a home inspetor? :wink: :zap: :boom:

7 Likes

You had to go there, didn’t you?

7 Likes

Nice Work !!!

3 Likes

d) OJ Simpson

4 Likes

I thought OJ was going to be the best conductor of electricity, but the glove did not fit…

7 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

WTG Marc !!

6 Likes

오랜만이에요 한국입니다

1. c) Code

2. a) YES -
    (A fuse is a safety device that protects an electrical circuit by melting(It’s breaking off) and breaking the circuit when the current flowing through it exceeds a certain level. A circuit breaker, on the other hand, is a switch that automatically interrupts(Fuse off) the flow of electrical current when it detects a fault(the switch falls off) or overload in the circuit.)

3. a) Roundworm

4. If your hair suddenly stands up when you’re outside, it could be a sign that you’re at risk of being struck by lightning. This happens when the electric field in the air around you becomes strong enough to make the hair on your body stand up.

5. b) Silver

Have a great weekend, colleagues!

5 Likes

Kim, please explain the difference between a fuse and a circuit breaker.
I think the awards committee will allow you a second post to complete the answer because the request for your narrative was perhaps not clear to you. Choice A is " Yes and write your own description of why they are different" and Choice B is “No and write your own description of why they are not different”

For question #4, Imagine that you are walking thru town and this happens to you. What do you decide to do next?

I’m happy to see you join the Quiz. I wish you luck in this contest.

6 Likes

1 C

2 Yes – A fuse is a wire designed to melt when passing too much current. A circuit breaker is a mechanical device designed to interrupt current and can be reset and used again. Fuses are less prone to failure.

3 A - though nematode is a good answer also over 20,000 named species, and thousands more nematode species made each year through laboratory research into genetics. The only really wrong answer is OJ Simpson who reproduces in the poplar media, not via cell division.

4 Stay clear of water and tall objects like trees. Find a low spot or depression and crouch down as low as possible, but don’t lie down on the ground. Get in a rubber tire car if possible. (Adapted from Source National Geographic)

5 That would be (b), though it’s not used for electrical contacts because of oxidation.

No extra credit claimed, though the lyrics always have me in stitches.

4 Likes

Kim is an Inspectorsaurus ~ that gets him a special pass to go again!

4 Likes

Yabba… dabba… do!..

That’s NOT all folks…have fun!

Try it out… :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

GIT ER DONE …my body seems unclear…who makes this crap up ???

2 Likes

euop re tiG

3 Likes

Thought the code “expert” would chime in? :thinking:

2 Likes

오랜만이에요 한국입니다

1. c) Code
  2. a) YES -
    (A fuse is a safety device that protects an electrical circuit by melting(It’s breaking off) and breaking the circuit when the current flowing through it exceeds a certain level. A circuit breaker, on the other hand, is a switch that automatically interrupts(the switch falls off) the flow of electrical current when it detects a fault(the switch falls off) or overload in the circuit.)
  3. a) Roundworm
  4. If your hair suddenly stands up when you’re outside, it could be a sign that you’re at risk of being struck by lightning. This happens when the electric field in the air around you becomes strong enough to make the hair on your body stand up.
  5. b) Silver

Have a great weekend, colleagues!

6 Likes