**** Welcome to another round of Questions of The Week!
Please read the Introduction and requirements, changes may have been made.
A member of the Awards Committee will post questions, at a random day/time.
Eligible members may make one post per question thread to answer the questions, and the eligible member’s winning entry must have all parts of the questions answered completely in that one post. Editing your one answer post allowed will result in disqualification.
Any disregard to the above and divulging the correct answers or giving hints/references will cause a disqualification.
Until Wednesday evening the first two persons to answer questions 1 - 5 correctly will have an opportunity to break the tie with answering question 6 correctly with the first one answering all 6 the winner (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions). After Wednesday the extra credit question will not be considered and the first member to have answered all 1 - 5 correctly will be considered the winner.
The lucky winner will get a case of “Now that you’ve had a Home Inspection Books” shipped to them at their address on file.
Winners of the Questions of The Week shall request their prize by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and submitting their Mailing address for shipping.
GOOD LUCK! ~ GO!
What is efflorescence and what three conditions must exist for it to occur?
Why should multiple neutral conductors not be terminated on the same neutral termination lug/point on a panelboard termination bar?
Water damaged gypsum board should be replaced unless all of what four criteria are met?
The following is a multi-part question regarding the proper bonding of any gas system metallic piping on or inside of a structure that is likely to become energized. This bonding is a requirement of the National Electrical Code, National Fuel Gas Code (NFPA 54), International Residential Code, and International Fuel Gas Code. Using the following equipment list in a home answer the questions below.
Appliances/equipment/piping in the home under question:
• No CSST is present and only black iron gas lines are in use along with typical appliance connectors.
• Gas free standing range
• Electric water heater
• All electric home heating system.
• Manufactured metal fireplace firebox with manual gas log lighter.
• How can the requirements of proper bonding for the gas piping system be achieved according to the codes?
• What significant safety issue in an existing home do the various codes not take into consideration regarding bonding of gas lines?
• How can the gas line system, in the previous question, be bonded properly without the need for possible expensive retrofits?
- How much clearance from any obstruction should a water closet have to its sides and in front of it?
Between now and Wednesday evening the following extra credit question will be used to decide the winner between the first two members that answer all of the five questions above.
- What is the definition of a “Tiny House? What are the rescue opening and emergency escape requirements for a “Tiny House”?