Really great to see so many people!

Originally Posted By: Webmaster
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

A few months ago, these boards had approx. 5 posts. Now we’re over 2,000! By the end of 2003, the message boards might be bigger than InspectionNews. I’d just like to thank everyone for their participation.

Chris Morrell

Director of Information Technology

http://www.nachi.org/

![](upload://xzSZwxrzxOY28p1MAnzlgkCjzEt.html)

Originally Posted By: Joe Wright

Go NACHI!!!

Chris,

Just a thought but you may want to notify members who joined early on but haven’t participated in the message board. These members may not know how this board has grown and what is offered. I was checking out members by total posts and noticed there were quite a few who joined over the summer with 0 posts. One thing I learned in sale is that it is much better keeping a customer then having to go out and find a new one. A simple email may be all that is required to get someone back here who didn’t stick around in the early months of the organization. Just a thought.

Joe

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Chris, Joe has voiced my own thoughts I was suprised how few of our own members are posting on here Of the 100+ logged only 1/2 have posted, and what about the wider membership, what % are even logged on to this BB. I think that if we can get all NACHI members contributing, then we only have to find another 1500 to overtake inspection news !! icon_lol.gif

Gerry

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

The truly scary thing relates to the research Nick and Chris have recently done regarding how many hits this site gets. You’d all be shocked at the numbers… really. SOMEONE is really interested in this site, and it aint just us members!

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

Here’s a glimpse of out log. Somehow the visitor info script is way off:

Monthly Statistics for January 2003

Total Hits 630756
Total Files 265905
Total Pages 48302
Total Visits 9854
Total KBytes 2360712

Total Unique Sites 4135
Total Unique URLs 862
Total Unique Referrers 806
Total Unique User Agents 693

Avg. Hits per Hour 847
Max Hits per Hour 15948
Avg. Hits per Day 20346
Max Hits per Day 34415
Avg. Files per Day 8577
Max Files per Day 13223
Avg. Pages per Day 1558
Max Pages per Day 3311
Avg. Visits per Day 317
Max Visits per Day 473
Avg. KBytes per Day 76152
Max KBytes per Day 142230

--
Chris Morrell

![](upload://lfiiQ9FiIGscT4PkEMGMv8jGNC4.html)

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Like I said… amazing! Go NACHI!!! icon_cool.gif

Hey Chris,

How about a quick explaination of hits, files, pages,visits, kbytes, etc for us who are less knowledgable. It looks like alot but I really have no idea what it all means.

Thanks,

Joe

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Our server host confirmed the insane amount of hit our site gets, which is why we had to move to a dedicated server. Over 600,000 in January alone. This is nuts. What is going on? I notice that we come up very high in all the search engines too which are somewhat number-of-hits-biased.

Nick

PS Don't worry about catching communist inspectionews. They aren't free to say what they want on that mb. China has 2 billion people that have no freedom to speak their mind either.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Nick,

With that amount of hits you are certain to be voted President for at least another year.

Joe F. will just have to wait another year.

Joe Myers

Hi Chris & Nick,

I like everyone else am staggered at the number of hits we are getting, it sure as hell ain’t just members visiting the site, who is it, is big brother watching us ?.

Or is it our potential customers ? and are we generating leads from these hits, as Nick said any web searches are putting us pretty high on the list are we currently capitalizing on this traffic ? or do we look more like the trade association that we are, than a shop window to our customers. Joe W. raised an interesting point can Chris translate these figures into something us dummies can understand, in terms of who is looking at us members or others.

thanks

Gerry

At first the numbers may look bigger than they actually are, but they’re still BIG.

A single webpage with no graphics is 1 hit. Our front page will count as more hits because of the graphics. I'm honestly not sure how they differentiate between hits and files, so I can't say for sure what files refers to specifically. Pages is that actual number of pages viewed. You visit the home page, and that's one page. You visit the SOP, that's another. Visits is that actual number of visitors to the site. KBytes is the phyical amount of data transfered (1 KByte is 8192 1's and 0's transfered over the 'net).

--
Chris Morrell

Chris, can you tell Hits by page ? is it this BB that is showing the majority of hits ?

Gerry ![icon_confused.gif](upload://qv5zppiN69qCk2Y6JzaFYhrff8S.gif)

It’s hard to tell what page gets the most hits because we don’t have a tracking system per page. We do have some stats that relate to it, though. These aren’t raw stats, but estimates from what I do have access to:

In terms of general sections:

The NIE seems to come in first in terms of pages, but that also has to do with the fact that each person taking the NIE tends to look at 100 pages.

The root directory (ie. general NACHI site) comes in next in terms of hits.

And third is the Message Board.

Another interesting stat is looking at what pages people enter NACHI.org by. #1 on that list was the index page, not surprisingly. But already, in 12 days there have been 75 external entries to the "Find an Inspector" results. This means that the realtors that have our form on their site are sending 6+ visitors a day to that page. Considering how new this feature is, that's really impressive! Expect results soon.

In terms of specific pages, it seems like the most visited pages are: the index page, the view a post page, the member list, business success tips, the find an inspector page, the nie question page, and the spellcheck script ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) (well... not TOP, but visibly used)

--
Chris Morrell

Chris,

I received the email you’re sending to NACHI members and think it looks great. Hopefully we can bring some members back who don’t know what NACHI is all about and what it has to offer.

Keep up the good work.

Joe