Record keeping

How long do we have to keep inspection records? Anybody know for sure?

I keep mine for ever 12 years now … Roy

Don’t know how long you are required to keep them, but since all of mine are computerized, I have them all, on cds, dvds, backup drives, etc.

My attorney advised keep forever. No fixed rule.

I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to eliminate past work.
Can someone explain the logic to me?

Back in the days before computers, I used to type the reports out. 30 pages per report, usually 2 a day, the first year I had several boxes of them! I scanned them all into PDF files and threw the hard copies out.
Now, with all those boxes gone from my attic, more infant/toddler toys and clothes can be stored there!

Yes, Using an external hard drive with a Terabyte of storage space, I’ll retire before I fill it. The unit is called “Simple Save” it monitors everything on the PC constantly and automatically backs up anything new. You just set it and forget it.

:):):slight_smile:

set it and forget it!

Set it and forget it..jpg

That’s what came to mind as I typed it… :mrgreen: The other, other white meat.

Just a tad greasy though. :shock::wink:

Just to let you all know. I have had at least 2 external drives crash. If you really want to protect your stuff off site is the only way to go.

If anyone can recommend somewhere that is a great deal I am interested. I would like at least a terabyte of storage and very easy access from any Internet connection. I do not like carbonite very much and am considering jungledisk.

Any links to a great off sight storage company would be great. I really need as fast as my connection can handle. I would like to access it just like a normal drive on my computer.

I also use a seperate Gmail account to store my emails with inspection reports…great for remote access. They give you a lot of space! FREE.

HIP stores it for you.
When I need to pull up a report on my phone I simply download from Dom’s server.