Re posting with reduced price. No longer offering radon services due to time demands of family illnesses.
Made an additional $60,000 in sales over 3 years with one man shop. Started with 3 monitors (2 chambers & tamper monitor for each). After rewriting the Initial Buyer Confirmation of Inspection Email to include sales language from an email marketing seminar, I needed to buy 3 more monitors to keep up with demand. I also didn’t need to sell buyers on radon over the phone. While not typical, my best week was 7 tests over 7 days.
Bought this style of monitor because I can place them anywhere I need to without needing an outlet and the cost to add additional kits if I wanted to expand is minimal. I’m in a market without regulation, but have always kept records and complied with the EPA regulations. The software prompts for needed field blanks, spikes & calibration.
- 6 monitor sets, each include:
- Tamper Resistant Box (6 total)
- 2 E-perm Chambers (13 total, including field blank)
- Tamper Monitor
- (6 total) 3 will hold 1 record each and 3 will hold 2 inspections each
- Additional E-perm Chamber to deploy field blanks
- 14 electrets of various charges ready for field use
- Electret Reader with case (out of calibration, $135 is cost to recalibrate)
- Latest version of the Windows Software can be purchased for $200 (so you’ll have full support with license)
- Initial Buyer Confirmation of Inspection Email (resulted in increased demand)
- Current cost new $4,405 (not including all electrets or software)
- Asking $990 plus shipping & insurance costs (US only)