Report Hoes, I mean Report Host nonsense

What a pile of crap.

7 Likes

Can you shed any light on where the narratives in the free Internachi Residential template came from? I know at least one of the crawlspace comments was flagged.

1 Like

Ben and I wrote the templates many years ago. Kenton wrote the narrative library.

1 Like

These Report Host idiots remind me a lot of the Home Safe scum. Their owners are now broke under the weight of their own lawyers’ legal fees over 7 years: Nick Gromicko Wins Seven-Year Legal Battle to Protect Home Inspectors' Right to Use Infrared Cameras - InterNACHI®

History is about to repeat itself.

5 Likes

Kevin called me. We went through everything. Looks like the majority of InterNACHI members will only need to delete 3 narratives or fewer.

I’m working on a solution for the rest of you which may require me to seek an injunction.

7 Likes

The fix is relatively easy going forward, though still an entirely unnecessary nuisance. The bigger issue is access to past to past reports for inspectors and clients. Our clients have to email Spectora to request a pdf copy starting next month. It is not clear if that is extended to inspectors or if we’re cut off.

2 Likes

Thanks for being on it Nick. Much appreciated!

5 Likes

Dominic called me. If any InterNACHI member affected by any of this wants to try Home Inspector Pro (HIP) software, call (888) 750-4777 and tell them you are an InterNACHI member. I’ve negotiated 50% off for the first year so you can give it a try. This is for InterNACHI members only.

4 Likes

Paul called me. If any InterNACHI member affected by any of this wants to try Home Gauge software, I’ve negotiated two options:

or

• You can have their classic desktop reporting software for 6 months for free by calling a special number they setup for me: (828) 548-0086 or emailing Lauren at lauren@homegauge.com. It includes both the classic desktop version and the web writer version.

These discounts are for InterNACHI members only.

1 Like

It appears to me that you’re going to be OK staying at Spectora as well. For the vast majority of you, you are only losing a handful of narratives if I can’t get this injunction.

2 Likes

For most of you, it’s not worth freaking out over. Delete a few narratives that Report Hoes claim are theirs and move on.

3 Likes

Hey everyone, just want to clear up any confusion. As Nick is saying per the settlement, we’re working with everyone to identify and delete the comments and certain templates to remove exposure. I’ve been on calls all morning and most won’t see any business interruption from this settlement. For most the impact is minimal, they create a new template and move on. Happy to chat with anyone that has questions or concerns. Just want us all to get back to building, growing and adding value.

4 Likes

Thanks Nick, you’re right. Talking to those that skimmed the email and I get it, it has to be a full measure to comply with the terms.

1 Like

I’m glad seeing this settle down.

Spectora is doing the heavy-lifting here by making the Templates easy to download/export, highlighting the offending narratives (allowing them to be changed), and allowing for an easy re-upload.

For any users utilizing my Template, no offending narratives/language was found.

2 Likes

I’m not. I want to file suits to protect members. A life without enemies isn’t a life worth living. :wink:

5 Likes

My issue is they told me to change like 10 comments 4 years ago. I did.

Now they (Spectora) want to delete my last 4,000 or so inspections over “new” issues detected that I wasn’t previously told about.

Personally, let Report sue me. RH doesn’t have the bandwidth to sue every last individual inspector.

They’re only going after Spectora because they know Spectora has $.

3 Likes

Hey Ian, I know this is a pain. Let’s jump on a call when you have a minute. I don’t want any InterNACHI or Spectora member to go through getting sued. We’re doing our best to minimize impact.

2 Likes

I am busy for the next 2 hours-ish. But free from 4pm PST on.

Hi Nick, if you and Ben wrote one or more of the offending narratives 30 years ago then could you potentially have a case against RH for IP theft as well?

1 Like

I know you’d go to war for us.

I cant thank you enough for the path you’ve created and what you’ve done for the Industry.

That “path” is hugely responsible for my success.

2 Likes