Reported Post by mlarson

Jeff ,rather than answer the grammar police sentence analysis my statement is factual about Recall Chek ,warranty,and aux services being officially approved.
Nick is touring with Nate so how is there any doubt.

Since Nick controls all things SOP it seems behind that scenes long ago would have been the time to object.
The forum stuff just seems like a public Bi-ch session at this point.

I do not approve of either and "The Council of Men " has not taken a vote on the subject as of yet.

Follow the money, Bob, just follow the money.

Well based on that who do you think wins in the end ?
Fighting for some kind of social justice on a privately controlled association forum ?

Surely you see the folly of your efforts.

Not saying you are wrong but am saying you lost.

I think you miss the mark with your assumption that the discussion, as to the sale of home buyer private data to a dishonest lead broker, is limited to this message board. If it were, Thornberry would not be in such panic and swinging wildly in the dark with crazy threats, sting operations, and other nonsense … unless he has advanced syphilis.

I think you miss the mark with your assumption that the discussion, as to the sale of home buyer private data to a dishonest lead broker, is limited to this message board. If it were, Thornberry would not be in such panic and swinging wildly in the dark with crazy threats, desperate sting operations, and other nonsense … unless he has advanced syphilis.

…or he has Didngleberryitis.:p:p:p:p:p

Need to see an example of how efforts here over the last year have resulted in public awareness or has resulted in changed business practices.
What it comes down to is supply and demand.

The only way to produce your desired result is through banning of business practices which can only be achieved through state
Or federal regulation past association SOP ban which obviously is not on the Horizon.

I 100 percent understand your position however if you started a poll asking forum members what side of the issue they are on with “neutral” as an option what do you think the results would be?

Home inspectors who have heavily branded their businesses with gimmicks that they receive in exchange for the private data from their clients have three choices … keep their mouths shut and quietly participate, refuse to renew their contracts after seeing how it makes them look to the public, or attempt to kill the messenger.

Home inspectors who do not participate in such scams, being the overwhelming majority of home inspectors, largely don’t care. The few who do, say so.

The poll that makes sense … if you were to arrange such a thing … would be a poll among home buyers who are hiring home inspectors - not home inspectors. There is where you will find the opinion that matters most.

To this … I ask you … if 100 home buyers were given a choice of selecting from two equally experienced inspectors with one being an inspector who sold their personal information to a lead broker who contracted 90 telemarketers to make 300,000 telephone calls per year and the other being an inspector who did* not* … how do you think that poll would go?

After such consideration, some have decided it to be a good idea to market the fact that they do NOT sell client data to lead brokers and do NOT add language to contracts for telemarketers to use to bypass “Do Not Call” lists. Why not?

Ok my guess is you realize there is no ground swell of support from the Inspector side and need to concentrate on the client side.
Heck even after all these years most home buyers have never heard of NACHI or ASHI and despite our desires “mine as well” clients overwhelmingly go with Agent referral.
Your only shot would be to convince Realtors Recall Check is a poison pill service.
What are the odds of doing that ?

Just wait.

It’s likely to be an interesting year.:cool:

I don’t know or care anything about the gimmicks that Thornberry uses to harvest and deal in private information about home buyers.

The only time I ever spent any considerable amount of time looking at Recallcheck was when Thornberry was fraudulently advertising, with a misappropriated seal of approval, that the Consumer Product and Safety Council had approved it when they had not. I think he gave up on that marketing scam for the moment, but I could be wrong.

According to some of the home inspectors who have surveyed real estate salespeople in their areas … every single one, without exception, claimed that they would prefer to recommend the inspector who did NOT sell client data. A few real estate agents on Active Rain responded with disgust when they learned of the practice and none of them publicly condoned it, either.

But then, there are dirty real estate agents … just like there are dirty home inspectors and dirty public adjusters. Crooks, like Thornberry, will always find a market. After being run out of InspectionNews and TIJ … he has come to NACHI and found safe haven. Not much money … but safe haven. We are told by someone he trusts that his renewals are in steep decline, but I digress.

The attacks that Thornberry has been making … and several, including myself, have been responding to … are his attacks against inspectors he calls “pledge takers” who have publicly refused to participate in his crimes against home buyers.

The above is all on the surface noble and good but beyond a few forum gripes “Ok many” I see no end game or plan.
Jeff says just wait and see which is nothing but a cryptic non sensical comment.
My problem here is lack of a single complaint by any Inspectors that have used the products after what has become a reasonable amount of time.
Actually I may be the only one for reason mentioned above.

Their contract with Dingleberry forbids them to complain.

Damn! I guess I missed that post also!!!

Thought you said something about surprise coming this year.

I am still able to use Nates products and have complained as much as I like.
That is simply not true.

Just seems kinda stupid to knock something if you like it enough to use it.
Why not ask users what they think could be improved ?

Honey and Vinegar plus something about catching flies comes to mind.

Damn you guys are professional salesmen so get with it. lol

Just curious but if he was charging $2 per recall recallchek with zero client info changing hands how would promise keepers feel about the service ?