RESNET enters into strategic alliance agreement with InterNACHI.

That’s great news. Now we just need to convince Congress to provide billion$ in incentives for energy audit programs.

RESNET only, or will BPI accreditation suffice?

Cool

http://www.resnet.us/blog/internachi-accredited-as-home-energy-survey-provider/?goback=.gde_1110797_member_118674773

That’s great. No need to pay for expensive training or equipment for full energy audits. Time to sell the blower door and combustion analyzer. Thanks Nick!!!

Good work Nick.

Energy is an important topic. Home buyers are increasingly concerned with home energy issues, and we think our members are the right people to be talking about it with consumers.

Sure, a comprehensive home energy audit is very accurate with lots of energy metrics, but it also comes with a $600 price tag. InterNACHI’s Home Energy Inspection is a simple ancillary service that can start that conversation, and can provide a ton of valuable information to the consumer regardless of whether they decide to pursue a more accurate audit.

The bottom line is that we want to do what’s best for our members. We know that you folks are the right ones to take on this role, and we’re going to do everything in our power to make that happen.

The InterNACHI Energy Inspection tool is easy to use and only requires 15 extra minutes of work (after performing a home inspection). We see this as a way for our members to easily add $50-100 to each inspection, and drive responsible energy consumption at the same time.

Test out the tool at:

I guess no one knows?

Your BPI certification qualifies you without needing to test. Simply send RESNET the fee, if you are so inclined. I think it is $550, according to their email they sent me last week.