U.S. Department of Energy licenses InterNACHI to offer Home Energy Score interface.

Great Nick! It would be nice if the same thing happened in Canada.

Congratulations.

Now that we have the license, we are working on building the interface/calculator/label generator. It will be hosted at www.nachi.org

Nice.

This is going to be a big program. Rating existing structures for energy efficiency will become the norm very soon.

Nice

So Nick, then you are hiring more IT to help out Chris and Tim?

All Departments of InterNACHI are swamped with work.

So you are saying, you are hiring more IT help?

Smells like more benefits coming down the road, Thanks NIck

This is GREAT well done Nick, when do we sign up.

Although this sounds great on the surface, and I’d like to get on board, I’m wondering out loud, if it will actually pan out, as a real demand in the future?
Whats to prevent homeowners for looking for the free audits all the time?

I have my gas supplier, Black Hills Energy, already coming to my house next week for a FREE energy audit,](http://www.blackhillsenergy.com/services/programs/homes-energyaudit-co.php)
and I will be keenly observant of what the BPI certified analyst does for the audit…
I understand its not as extensive as a Test-In and Test-Out audit, with full blower door test, but even that is cheap with their help… :shock:
How do we expect to compete against these utility companies,
if they GIVE this service away,
with their marketing hopes of us buying energy efficient appliances, heating systems, lighting, etc. from them
(and their big box counterparts) who are also hungry for the income?

Quote"
The Real Cost to Homeowners
American homeowners often neglect a comprehensive home energy audit as an unnecessary or even frivolous aspect of home inspections. Historically, it’s also been cost-prohibitive, ringing up at a national average of between $400 and $600. InterNACHI’s Home Energy Survey Training and Certification Program is a perfect match for the DOE’s ultimate goals, which VP Joe Biden summarized well. InterNACHI is committed not only to affordable and comprehensive training for its inspectors, but also to affordable and comprehensive home inspections for consumers, which help make them responsible homeowners who maintain their homes properly, which, in turn, saves energy.

Consumer education is the most cost-effective energy conservation measure known to man, and that’s what InterNACHI inspectors do every day:

• educate homeowners; and
  • **provide low-cost energy surveys.

End Quote

Just how much do you think we can/should charge for this service,
once we complete the training, education, certification, etc.?

Just askin for comments :smiley: