Retaining Wall Falling

But it is unstable…:wink:

That it is. :slight_smile:

The concrete walls can have wide footings that help hold them up since they’re monolithic with the wall. A stone wall, resting on a footing but not structurally attached to it may not be laterally supported by it and so may fall sooner.

I’m going to disagree, but we’ll have to wait and see. Something is going to happen this year.

Marcel,

I’ve got many other retaining wall images on Facebook here…

Do you have failing retaining wall images that I can add to this web page?

Please email them to me

Nice compilation of photos David on retaining walls, I don’t have anything to compliment that.
Very nice collection. :slight_smile:

Thanks anyways. I’ll be uploading the remaining pics that I have… soon.

I’ll keep you in mind in the future David. Retaining walls, I build, but never took any pictures of them like you did.

I do have good pictures in my head though. :mrgreen::wink:

Some of these walls are not my personal inspections. There are times where I’m driving and my home inspector instincts make me look at everyone’s property as I slowly drive by. When I see something good, I pull over and take pics.

Add to my collection if you have something good…

David did you ever contact the owner ?
Just curious.

Bob,

The owner was out shoveling this area last week when I took the most recent pics. He simply laughs at it. I’m surprised that the municipal doesn’t have this area taped off.

May not have enough funds to do anything yet.

It’s nice to see you have greenery growing and no snow !

Well, with all the snow, slush and rain…this wall finally fell over.

I had a feeling that it would go this year…
wall_lean9g.JPG
wall_lean9h.JPG
wall_lean9i.JPG

Dang, I was just about to post my prediction. It was 2/2/11 about 3:47 a.m.:mrgreen:

Post # 4, was close, but I guess the rain was a month late. :mrgreen:

Is the fallen wall under the snow or did the snow plow carry portions down the street?

David,

It snowed the evening before, so the stone is all buried under the snow.

I’ll get better pictures after the melting. We are getting higher temperatures this weekend.

David,

I guess I didn’t win the prize.:wink:

How close is the structure to the now un-retained soils area?