Safety Bifocal glasses

Hi to all,

I was sent a sample of bifocal safety glasses last week together with some other products to evaluate.

I gotta tell you I am stunned, all the small print I have been bitching about over the last few onths is due to my eyesight (yes I’ll be having them checked next week)

For those who wear (or should wear) glasses these are perfect for the jobsite and at $10 a pair they are effectively disposable (wish my Ray-Bans were)

Check them out here: http://wizarddistribution.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1699

Regards

Gerry

Do they sell tri-focals?

Never mind. I looked. Just Bi-focal.

Me too! Maybe that’s how we can make our fortune.:roll:

“Cheaters”/over the counter eyewear can do more harm than good if used for prolonged periods of time or not properly fitted. Our eyes our biggest asset. Don’t scrimp if you require visual aid, go sse an eyedoctor and pay for a good set of eyewear.

One drawback to purchasing reading glasses is that they are essentially “one-size-fits-all” items. The prescription is the same in both lenses, and the optical centers are not placed individually for each wearer. Most people do not have exactly the same prescription in both eyes, and almost everyone has at least a small amount of astigmatism correction in their prescriptions. Headaches, eyestrain, and even nausea can result from wearing reading glasses that are too far off from your actual prescription or that have optical centers too far away from those of your eyes. If you’re experiencing those problems, visit your eye doctor for a reading glasses prescription.
Also, don’t confuse reading glasses with computer eyewear. If you’re using reading glasses to try to view your computer screen, it’s probably not working very well. For one thing, reading printed matter is done at a closer distance than reading text on a computer screen. Also, if your reading glasses are the type that force you to lean your head back in order to view your monitor, you’re placing unnecessary strain on your neck muscles. Computer users really should invest in prescription computer eyeglasses (read more about computer eyewear).
When choosing ready-made reading glasses, always examine the lenses for little bubbles, waves, or other defects. Insist on the best quality, and if you can’t find it in ready-made readers, buy a custom-made pair, which many eyecare practitioners offer at special prices.

What Barry said, I have astigmatism and near sighted ness and my perscription is over a page long). I totally sympathize.

Brings a whole new meaning to the old ‘blind inspector’ title, don’t it.

BUT, still 20-20 with correction.

Baruch HaShem!!!

Gesundheit!

Hi Barry,

thanks for your post, I certainly would not recommend any off the shelf glasses for a protracted period of time, however most off us should be wearing safety eyewear at various points of the inspection (particularly while evaluating electrical systems, and for those who generally wear glasses these may be a very good solution.

Thanks again

Regards

Gerry

Those are great Gerry, especially for the price. I dive some and have found similar diopters that can be easily affixed and removed from a dive mask but they are around $20 a pair if I remember correctly. They could be added to a pair of Plano safety glasses to look just like the brand you showed but the cost would be considerably more. I think I might just order a pair or two from Wizard.

Do they still offer glasses?

This thread is 6.5 years old. Why don’t you contact them and report back to us your findings. Have a nice day! :neutral:

https://wizarddistribution.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1699#.UWBeh3Rzaew