Safety: what dangers do inspectors face inspecting oil-fired combustion appliances?

You have that trouble too Wayne?! :wink:

I got stuck working on these things a few times…

Hate them!

I could smell the guys from AFI coming across the parking lot with clean uniforms on!!!

It is Canadian spelling keep up will you , I understood it lol.
Yep it is different up there fill can be right against the building

I have the same drawing so according to two pipe with a return line YES!
Do you think they know the difference?

actually, my information is about as old as I am!

There are new traps with filters available and they may be wanting to trap the crap outside of the tank now.

If I see one of these things, they’re older than the hills and don’t have all the new goodies. So I will retract my statement and say that “if you do not have a strainer trap with your filter, the tank should be tilted the other way”. :slight_smile:

I started to get into that, but decided to try to keep things simple.

Wow There you have it . David what was it like to see man find fire lololol

Point taken and info on this MB is good for everyone!

Most of the oil burners I’ve had to deal with in New England were changed out with natural gas conversion guns.

Most of the oil I still see is well over 50 years old (and still running!).

Fuel oil can be a very efficient fuel system, but you can have it. :^o

When I moved here, I got tangled up with oil burners up above the Kentucky border. The farmers would burn their diesel fuel that they got tax-free!

Houses well over 100 years old, dugout sellers to facilitate the oil equipment which replaced coal-fired boilers.

The mechanical company I work for found out I knew something about oil and had me “supervise” the annual run through every client in southern Kentucky and change nozzles of filters and do a checkup.

They had combustion analyzers and all that good stuff but didn’t even know what they were nor did they know how to use them. So I kept my hands clean (as not to get the test equipment dirty) and came away “smelling like a rose” literally! :slight_smile:

I have two friends working on using the Bio-fuel mix in there oil tanks. Both of them are using fryer waste oil and are refining their designs as we speak so to say.

my neighbor has a diesel pickup truck that burns that stuff. He’s having trouble getting his hands on oil now.

they’re not “giving it away” like they used to!