SCAM

I just experienced a potential SCAM. the email to me came from what appeared to be InterNACHI notifying me of a customer seeking a home inspection in my area. Once contact with the customer was made the following dialog took place:

On Sep 21, 2017 2:17 PM, “Andrea Granados” <andreagranadosk16801@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello ,

I am sorry for the late response I had to contact the seller about a better date for the inspection so we decided next week Thursday 8am. I am OK with the quote and i would have everything put in place for the inspection,first of all i will like you to know that the house if for sale by the owner and not by Realtor,I would like you to know the house is still occupied and it will be vacant this weekend,I want you to know that the caretaker will bring the  key to you and you can go there for the inspection,i need you to send me your full name and office address and a valid phone number as requested by the caretaker he would need it to contact you to schedule the inspection and get the house keys to your office immediately they receive their balance,I will like to know what kind of credit cards you accept for payment so i can make the payment asap,I would have to seek a little favor from you and i would be happy if you can be able to grant me the favor i seek from you.Due to my present health condition,i would provide you my credit card details for you to charge for the total cost of the service and also i would like you to charge an extra sum of $ which would be sent to the caretaker who would take care of getting utilities transferred over, termite contract for the house,I am sorry if i am asking for too much but i would have forwarded the balance to him myself but i am held down with health issues right now and am still at the hospital and the caretaker stated he wants the balance by bank transfer that's why i am seeking your favor on this,i would be willing to compensate you if you can assist me on this.

Your urgent response would be appreciated.

The initial email was this:

This is a message from: Andrea Granados <andreagranadosk16801@gmail.com>
— Andrea Granados would like to book an inspection —
Here’s his or her message:
I would like to schedule an inspection please get back to me ASAP.

The bottom line was the home is not for sale by owner or institute. she never made phone contact nor would she give me a phone number. And i certainly was not taking extra money to give to some one else as requested.

Just thought I would share, so keep on the look out.

Regards
Vince

Old news. Happens daily, weekly, monthly. Just do a search for scam on this message board.

This exact same email came through to me as well. Thank you for posting this as I was not sure whether or not it was real until I saw this. I have blocked the email from my Gmail.