Seeking Blower Door Test Equipment

Hey everyone,

I am looking for good blower door test equipment, I’ve done research on Google with prices and I’m at a loss with these prices. Some of them are way too expensive for me, I am hoping that I can find one more affordable; I have some time before I need one, but would rather get one as least expensive as possible.

Thanks for everyone’s assistance.

What do you consider too expensive?

David, I have seen units costing $4K-$10K; I just want a reasonable unit that does what I need it to do for clients without breaking the bank.

Okay, so what is the top of your budget?

“A reasonable unit that does what I needed to do”: what do you need it to do?

I have one of those $10,000 blower doors and have all the bells and whistles that go along with them, and I work with a lot of engineers that have blower doors that they may want to get rid of, but we need to know what it is you’re trying to do.

I have a blower door that I use just to depressurize the building to find air pathways with thermal imaging. It has to bring the building to 50 Pa negative, that’s it. No leakage rates, no air changes per hour, no accumulative hole size calculator. Etc. It doesn’t even have to be a real 50 Pa, just close.

David,

I would be using the blower door to perform energy audits for residential and light commercial properties.

Again, what is your budget? Can’t help you if you don’t provide info.

A door for what purpose? A box fan, some cardboard and tape is plenty to depressurize a house to identify leaks. A calibrated unit costs more. A fast setup unit costs more.

Without knowing your goal and expected revenue it’s hard to comment.
You did research apparently, but failed to give the AI enough information to spit out a recommendation.