Selfish OAHI

Ray - no trial balloon. It’s based on guess what - modelling CAN-P9, and lets face it - some people may of his misread the last report from CHIBO 2. This has been discussed since the Niagara Falls Conference, last fall.

I for one can not understand how in 7 days you can cover enough material to become a home inspector if these coarses are truly approved by OAHI.
I have taken all the coarses required by OAHI through the college system and it has taken me over 3.5 years to complete and considerable more money, and I’m still waiting for my up grade to RHI.Had I known about these schools back then and not known what I do now about what it takes to be a home inspector I may have signed on.In general the college coarses are 40 hours long each and take about 16 weeks each to completeand there are 5 required by OAHI.I do not know how you can compress this into a one week session and recieve the required knowlege need to preform a proper home inspection.
Rob Parker

Ray - no trial balloon. It’s based on guess what - modelling CAN-P9, and lets face it - some people may of his misread the last report from CHIBO 2. This has been discussed since the Niagara Falls Conference, last fall.
images/2006/buttons/quote.gif

Yeah but… the whole process has not been audited. Therefore no one knows it meets the requirements of CAN P9. You and other tell us it does, but you can’t prove it. Sorry but with the amount of disinformation that has been put out it doesn’t wash.

Claude says
( “This has been discussed since the Niagara Falls Conference, last fall”)
Very interesting who are the parties who have been discussing this.
Those who where self appointed or a independent group.
I expect to get the usual answer no names .
It sure would be nice to know who is trying to make decisions for all Canadian home inspectors.
Just more of the secret society I guess.
Please except my apologies if by chance you do give us the names .
I am sorry to for having been so out going !

The more I hear,
the more I see!
NACHI is the one for me !
Roy Cooke R.H.I. Royshomeinspection.com
A HAPPY NACHI MEMBER,… More find this out ever day!

Remember Whistler http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4935

Rob

http://test.oahi.com/webdocs/OAHI-Edu-ProgramPolicy.pdf

Seems to be a contradiciton read pages 3-4.

Of course we all know it depends who is the provider is and whether or not they are part of the clique.

I have been trying unsuccessfully in the past to have my profile updated and to read correctly, to no avail. Apparently the Registrar of OAHI a self regulating body does not have to answer.

I have been a member of OAHI since 1991 and can prove same, but do you think they will change the record?

They also have me on official documents as having voted at the 2005 AGM when in fact I was retired at that time and could not and do not have the right to vote. They also have Mr. Cooke having voted and yet he was no longer a member at the time. So that leads one to come to the conclusion that the official record is wrong, and it appears to the election was improper.

Status Retired First Year in OAHI 1995 Entered as Student
Entered as Applicant
Entered as Associate
Entered RHI 4/5/1995 RHI Cert Name Raymond Wand
Number : 0000 29 Retired ? 1/1/2005

As to CAN P9 saying that CHIBO met the requirements, that is the equivalent of me saying I am Nationally Certified base on my own documentation, yet it has not been reviewed by an independent audit.

Ray thats for one student.
They have many more then one .
This is just another of the OAHI Elite ( I am an RHI ) teaching this course.
I wonder how many of this Elite group are turning instant home inspector .
Lets say four at one class a month and 10 in a class.( Could be more )
41210 = 480 new inspectors per year.
Now we have 480 * $3795:00 *.07 ( GST) = $127,512:00
Now we have to think most will have spent about the same $3795;00 for lodging and transportation this comes to a total of $255,024:00 .
This is 1/4 of a million dollars that these poor soles have been conned out of and most almost 100% never make their living at Home Inspections .
At least some of the elite (RHIs) are much richer and again no liability.
Don"t forget some are also selling franchies WOW! they sure know how to make money . No wonder they want the directors to sign ( I will not talk out side this room ).
This is better then winning a LO-TO for all .
The more I hear,
the more I see!

So thats how they derive there are 5000 active inspectors that will be all certified by 2007! :slight_smile:

Lets not forget no one has come out and stated or provided how Nachi member will be disciplined by whom if the need arises. :frowning:

Ray its called “lawyers” - seems like a pretty stringent discipline measure, and hence the difference in fee structure. Lets face it - worse case scanario - an unaffilated home inspector can simply disagree and create another level of administration and issues, hence increased cost if disciplinary issues arise. Besides what about the the past, current and ongoing cost of members in supporting the current administration and organization?

So unless there is a reciprocal agreement such as an “articulation” agreement reached setting the terms of reference. Its a whole different ball game!

Having been privileged to serve on the election committee .
I can tell you that I know of three that where not handled correctly.
I have no idea how well they do now but looking at how well every thing else is handled I would be surprised if there has been any improvement.
Some of these are the same people who are telling us how great the NATION CERTIFICATION is going to be .
Then I read Claude’s post and I feel they do not know where they are going they seem to be making up rules and ideas as they go .
If this flies I can see litigation comming with the secret society .

The more I hear,
the more I see!

Good morning Dave , You sure are up early.
Roy