service drop clearance

That Wikipedia entry must have been written by a feminist. Emily Davenport did not invent anything. Pick up the biography on her husband, and you’ll find that he was a prolific inventor. I think the electric motor thing was inspired when he witnessed a coal crusher in operation or some such thing. I forget. She was a minor character, only remembered because she sacrificed her wedding dress. What a load of crap Wiki can be sometimes.

lol…here is what I got from Answers.com

Emily Davenport
With her husband Thomas Davenport and his colleague Orange Smalley, Emily Davenport invented the electric motor and electric locomotive circa 1834.
She cut up her wedding dress into strips of silk to insulate the wire windings.

answers pulls from wiki. Just checked it, and it’s word-for-word identical text.

well you know behind every GOOD man is a woman…no wait…I mean…behind every strong man their is a good woman…no wait…oh I don’t know…you know what I mean.

She invented the “emily knob”. She must have, otherwise, it would be called the “thomas knob” or even worse, the “orange smalley knob”. :slight_smile:

lol…I liked that John…lol

I think I got lost on Emily and her liking knobs,but thankyou all for the help on this subject.
Let me make a special thank you to Paul as I have bothered him by phone a couple of times for his expert advice.
Paul you better get over to TIJ as Joe is trying to replace you. (lol)

lol…WHAT…replace the GURU…( no flaming people…I am being sarcastic about myself…)

No it is all good…Joe is a wealth of information so it’s all good and in the end the HI is the one who gains from all that help.

Plus for some reason I don’t think the founder of TIJ likes me too much, not sure why but I think it is because of my shameless plugs in my signature lines…hell like I said…If you don’t promote yourself…who will…:slight_smile:

This is the fundamental difference in associations we speak of in action.
It is safe to say ASHI is predominate over there.
Now if your name was Busfart they might really give you a hard time.