Show me your shoes

Stores like REI and EMS carry a variety of approach shoes. If you want safety and comfort nothing else comes close. Climbing and Outdoor magazine both have done articles in the last year or so rating all of the different approach shoes that you can pull up online. Wet or dry these type of shoe stick to rough surfaces like nothing else.

Two pairs of flat sole Georgia Boots

Keep one pair “dipped” with some tough boot stuff… for days with crawlspaces (like today), so the tips don’t get worn off.

Good flexible soles are what give me the
confidence when walking roofs…

For real?

I took a tiny spill off my ladder at my house and had on flip flops and have not been right yet. I even had one hand on the roof of the one story house and got a grip before dropping maybe 3 feet.

Dec 11 was the accident and I still cannot walk.

not slipping gives me confidence

Do you wear those in winter as well ?

Never seen that stuff.
Is it like that liquid rubber for tool handles ?

I do, as a Type-1 Diabetic, they sooth my feet while walking…

It’s called boot-guard or something… you roughen the tip of the boot and then apply… keeps boots a little more presentable and in service a bit longer.

I like to use my socks in the basement to feel for dampness. It works as I have found many spots and then you have to ask yourself. Did they just get the carpet extracted?
Now the boots I wear on the roof I will challenge against anything you have out there because CARBONITE is made of very hard rubber with extreme stick ability in the summer and traction in the winter.
I recommended them to the class for the use on all roofs. A boot for climbing is good but you need to have arch support or you could break your ankle so I would never where running shoes on a roof as for the slip on they are great idea too.
Now I do understand that you will be hot in high boots but is not your chance of falling with running shows that have no ankle support worse?

Found it… http://www.kgsbootguard.com/

Same here.

Winter/Snow boots:

Warm, dry and so easy to put on and off. I can put the on and take them off without having to bend over.

Outside when it’s dry/warm:
Tennis shoes

Inside home:
http://www.speedousa.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12482962&cp=3701560.3701562.3701572 this has a soft non scuffing rubber sole.

roof walking shoes, wear nylon covers inside the house.

Need to check on that.
Wonder if it works on cheap sneakers .:twisted:

I like the look but do those smooth soles have good traction ?

For me key is fast off and on,appearance,ability to keep clean on the soles and not drag cr-p in while not feeling weighed down.

Crepe soles are not smooth…very rough and these grip even smooth surfaces very well because there is virtually no surface cracks or grooves as in running shoes, work boots, etc. These clean up easily also due to flat surface. Love them on hot days, light weight and grips the shingle surface like a fly. Once the sole gets worn though, replace them…slicker than snot on a doorknob if they are worn and get muddy. Clarke’s makes a great pair but a little pricey. Look elsewhere for “chukka boots or Desert boots”.

Okay OK you sole…soled me on (crep soles)?
I will see if I can find them.:wink:

You said they are Clarks is that sold in a store ?
Can not even begin to think about buying something like footwear on line with no walk test.

I am sure they are especially in the big cities. Once you find ones that fit, I usually buy a couple pair. You want a snug fit on this style shoe. I know my size so I have no problem buying online.

http://www.zappos.com/clarks-men-boots/CK_XARCz1wFSBJACkALAAQLiAgQYAQIK.zso?zfcTest=mm%3A1

Ah yes at Nordstoms,J.C Pennys and Macys.

Wonder if they look good with a Tim Spargo dip ?
Def will look for them.

In the summer I wear either sandals OR racquet ball court shoes (very soft gummy rubber soles) outside AND indian type mocassins inside.

In the winter I wear hiking boots outside / black bootie covers over them inside.

Never take shoes off inside / did it 5 yrs ago for oriental seller and stepped on a nail hidden in thick carpet / had swollen infected foot and had to get tetnus shot and antibiotics. NEVER again for anybody.